Fly Fusion Forums

Orvis Silver Sonic Waders

bjbailey

Hey Pros,

I'm in the market for a new set of waders and am wondering if anyone has strong feelings good or bad on the Orvis Silver Sonics. The sonic welded seam sounds intriguing. If not, what mid-range waders do you guys like?

Thanks!

Brandon

To start this off, I'm no pro. And I don't have the silver sonic waders, so I guess I'm 0 for 2, but I do have the redington sonic pro waders, which uses the exact same sonic welding, and I have had zero issues. Granted its been half a season, bit I did purchase them based on numerous positive reviews on them as well.

Great waders. I love them.

I saw in Dave Jensen's blog somewhere a review of these waders; if I recall his comments correctly (paraphrased), he loves them and are among the best waders he's ever owned.

Just thought I'd chime in there with some feedback from someone in the industry who probably wears waders over 200 days of the year...

Smitty

• 3 weeks later...

For what it's worth, these are the only pr of waders that I have ever had that have lasted 2 seasons. It used to be that an old pr of Simms Guide waders were the longest lasting pr at 5 weeks to leaking somewhere in the seams. These Silver Sonics were the first to last a full season and now 2. And the ones I'm using are a prototype pr with a front zipper. Not sure when that will be officially released but it is WONDERFUL to have waders with a zipper, esp in the cold or pissing rain. Best, they fit quite well. I know Amelia loves the fit of her new women's version. I'm beyond happy with them. Again, likely other companies out there too, but those are the ones I've used. Hope that helps a wee bit.

Cheers