Fly Fusion Forums

Fly Fishing Help

KenW

Good day all, New to fly fishing last year, Took a class with Hanson's which went great, I guess my biggest complaint so far would be not able to catch fish, Have been reading this forum for the past year in the back ground. I just can not figure out why i have not had a strike as of yet . any suggestions. I have tried the Bow, Sheep, Bill Allan Pond, Sibble lake and pond yet nothing, But i do enjoy how relaxing it is. Guess I just need to keep going. Any suggestions would help

Thanks

Ken :laxfisher:

If you know anyone else who fly fishes with any amount of success, the best thing you can do is try to tag along. Having someone to watch and coach can really help out. You can also use the Fishing Get Together area to see if you can hook up with someone. Good luck!

Remember its not always what you use but what you do with it and practice your line control as a lot of the time people do not realize a fish has taken their fly! ie "you drive for show and putt for dough" do not worry about making the long cast as much as fishing effectively with a shorter cast. Again as Rickr said tag along with a more experienced angler if possible.

You could...

1) Hire a guide to fast track your knowledge of the sport and the particular body of water.

2) Watch the "Fishing get together" section and go out with someone more experienced

3) Select a section of water and get to know it, not only fish it but sit down and watch the water, insect life etc.