Fly Fusion Forums

Anchor Systen And 12v Atv Winch

Howdy FFC folks, as I trashed my back when a semi hit me 6 years ago. I thought I may try to hook up a winch system for my anchor on my 16 ft flat bottom. Princess auto has them on sale for $70. Have any of you set this type of system up? Any input would be appreciated. :ridemcowboy:

Are you talking about the eletrical or the mounting?

The problem with winches is there so slow and way to much power.if someone keeps the power on to long it will rip the anchor through the boat.

minnkota sells one in 25lb and 40lb, i have the 40 lifting a 47lb anchor with no problems.

The good thing about the winch is if you stick the anchor good the winch will pull all up river till it either unhooks or pulls the boat under.

I am not sure the Minn Kota would.

But then if you ever had to cut line rope is a lot easier to cut when fishing then 3/16 cable.

Howdy FFC folks, as I trashed my back when a semi hit me 6 years ago. I thought I may try to hook up a winch system for my anchor on my 16 ft flat bottom. Princess auto has them on sale for $70. Have any of you set this type of system up? Any input would be appreciated. :ridemcowboy:

You could check out Hyde's ez anchor system,

http://hydeoutdoors.com/onlineflyshop/inde...;product_id=134

the deckhand 40 has alot of power,it will pull 1300-1500 lbs up river no prob.it also lets line out/in at about a foot every 2 sec.it also shuts off when the pull is too great so it stops when the anchor is up all the way.

i've played around with the atv winch,just too slow and loud.

have a look online,i got mine when fishin hole had there spring sale,you'll also want the controller/wire so you can run it from the rowers seat.i ditched the yellow line that came with it and replaced the 1/4 with 5/16, i can get about 80' on the arbour.it comes with an anchor davit to hold the minnkotta anchor which isnt really a river anchor.i modified mine a little and added cam cleats to a home made pully that sits on the outside.the cam cleats take the weight off the motor when driving upstream.

a little pricey but worth it imo.