Fly Fusion Forums

A Little Input Welcome, Seat Or No Seat

As they say on stampede week, Howdy Foks. I have a 16 ft alum flat bottom. I want to place some swivel low back seats on the back, center bench and bow. If I screw on a seat in center, for 1 passenger, and or rowing, that is fine. But if I have 2 passengers, to plane, then 2 would need to be center. So what i am asking is, center seat or not. Any feedback welcome. Thx :ridemcowboy:

As they say on stampede week, Howdy Foks. I have a 16 ft alum flat bottom. I want to place some swivel low back seats on the back, center bench and bow. If I screw on a seat in center, for 1 passenger, and or rowing, that is fine. But if I have 2 passengers, to plane, then 2 would need to be center. So what i am asking is, center seat or not. Any feedback welcome. Thx :ridemcowboy:

Why don't you put in the post style seats, the ones you can remove or add at will, then put in the base brackets for all of your configurations and then add or remove seats to accomodate?

Just might work for your use, just keep the posts short.

Greg

post-4051-1342381395.jpg

post-4051-1342381435.jpg

I ran into the same problem,i have one pin in the middle at the stern.Seams to work as i find most people that fish there stand and the seat just catchs line.I also have a pin at the bow so the rear seat goes there when were fishin.When i go upstream guys just sit on the bench.The middle seat(rowers)i have mounted to a plywood cradle that fits around the bench,this enables me to shift side to side as needed.If i had benches that were all the same size all my seats would be the cradle idea.