Fly Fusion Forums

Name That Sound?

FlyFishingEMT

I was out in my fiberglass drift boat yesterday floating down the river and I noticed a very strange snap crackle pop sound coming from the bottom of my boat. The sound came and went a few times and would progressively get louder then subside. It almost sounded like an AM radio static. So I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced this or knows what it is? There was a bit of a thunderstorm going on and I'm wondering if that may have had something to do with it or am I just paranoid?

Curtis,

Most likely it's just some of the fiberglass fibers (individualy fibers)/epoxy snapping (there are individual fibers that don't get completely coated by the epoxy and break through the epoxy) as you walk around on the floor of your boat. Shouldn't be anything to worry about. Happened with my fiberglass canoe, as well...

Unless of course there was a previous repair that wasn't repaired properly!! Then I'd worry and redo the repair properly!

Though I may be misinterpreting what you have described, and in that case, just disregard....

P

I was out in my fiberglass drift boat yesterday floating down the river and I noticed a very strange snap crackle pop sound coming from the bottom of my boat. The sound came and went a few times and would progressively get louder then subside. It almost sounded like an AM radio static. So I'm wondering if anyone has ever experienced this or knows what it is? There was a bit of a thunderstorm going on and I'm wondering if that may have had something to do with it or am I just paranoid?

Built up static in the water. I was on crawling valley a month ago and heard the same thing. But my crackling was my rod and it zapped me pretty good. We proceeded to get the hell off the water.

I googled around and search buzzing rod fishing. A good read and an eye opener for sure. http://texasfishingforum.com/forums/ubbthr...804/Re_Trolling