Fly Fusion Forums

Another Search For Spotless Trout

monger

Went on another road trip to find spotless fish for Troutlover. First we tried here

P1000318.jpg

P1000321.jpg

Found this thing

P1000320.jpg

And her sister

P1000326.jpg

Then we tried here

P1000333.jpg

And the spotless fish were even fatter. Good trip.

Things I learned on this trip:

I need a bigger anchor for my tube.

Pelicans can't swallow 7lb rainbows.

6lb rainbows can really jump high and scare the crap out of you when falling through the sky toward your head.

Pelicans can't swallow 7lb rainbows.

6lb rainbows can really jump high and scare the crap out of you when falling through the sky toward your head.

^I would pay to see either of those...^

Nice pig-'bows!!!

Ohhh, look at me, look at me, I catch big fat rainbows and I never see my backing cuz I'm a badass and use 12 lb maxima.

I'm with troutlover. My bet is you stink of genetically modified mutated fish. I do have a product that can help with that, but it has to be administered immediately after touching one of those stinky fish. I only have a little, and refuse to lend it out. But I would let you use some of mine if you happened to catch one when I was nearby, just to be nice.

Well, if I had a feeling, it would be very hurt.

The fish are OK (big boned, not fat)...but they ain't no Zombie!

I don't use 12lb maxima.....I was using 10lb Berkley transition fluoro (it's easier for snagging when they can't see it)

I got to see a whole bunch of my backing on Sunday. And then a pelican tried to get my fish. I had to pull anchor and chase down the fish to get close enough to scare the bugger off my fish. I will be packing a slingshot next time (and maybe I need heavier Maxima like you suggest).

Mutants?? Just regular diploid fish that are scud vacuums....they don't seem very regular when you hook one though. Guy holding the rod isn't normal though.

Buddies say the stink will never wash off of me...they even tried the power washer and varsol....no luck.

My co-pilot thought we could make a new meal by hiding a Bow river fish inside one of these fish.

Can't wait for the fall when the big spawners are cleaned up. Another 4-6"s of fish could get a little interesting.

And finally, my bum looks much nicer now that I got out of neoprene and into some breathable waders.

Thanks for the friendly comments...