Fly Fusion Forums

Anybody Wanna Used Reel??

Taco

Have you seen the NEW titanuim reels?

Yes, I have one sitting on my lap as we speak. Picked it up for a little more than 10 grand. Pocket change for this chump. Didn't let the wife know yet, may not.

Wait I think I'm dreaming...........Oh, just woke up. Are these guys F'in insane? 5000lbs for a reel?

Zane-Ti-back.jpg

http://www.hardyfishing.com/index.php?if=view&pid=424

Funny thing is I was just googling "the worlds most expensive fly reel" and didn't see anything up in the 10 grand mark. I think you found it for me Pacres. B)

Anyone know what the most expensive reel ever sold went for?

I guess it's cool to have that kind of stuff if you're a collector. I would rather fish with it though, i have an early 1900s casting reel that I have spooled up with dacron, and have caught pike on it. It can't just sit on the shelf!

Guys,

Machining TI is a real pain. And that is one machined reel. Plus it was probably 2 chunks of TI about 5"*5"*3". Expensive stuff about $30/lb.

In comparison - prepeg graphite tape is about $40.00/ lb. A rod takes about 3 oz.

catch ya'

Don

Guest bigbadbrent

Yeah reading the site about the TI alone tells you the difference..6 days of work, compared to minutes for an aluminum reel

I have a couple of Hardy Reels. A Saint John and a Marquis. Really, I have found Hardy to be a laggard in the reel dept. They seem to follow the crowd or stick to old styles and overly mechanical designs. Don't get me wrong, I love my reels but I believe there are better designs for less money.