Fly Fusion Forums

Bow River Engine Poll

Engine Restrictions  

184 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one of the following

• Ban all Gas engines above Carsland wier
    • Ban all two stroke engines in Bow river drainage
    • Continue to have Zero engine/size restrictions

Looking at the results of this post, banning jets / motors will never happen. I happen to be all for a ban above carseland, but if 35% of this forums users (a very fly fishing oriented user group) think that jets are ok or use jets on the river, then there is just no way. The jets don't "hurt" the fish so there is no real reason for banning them other than selfish interests, mine included. They do ruin peoples dry fly evenings sometimes, they do ruin folks peace and quiet, but I guess if you are after than then the time has come to look elsewhere than the bow river.

Hawg .. I was in a boat with you last fall when two, what shall I call them ... dick weeds ... zipped between us and the bank ... when there was plenty of room on the other side. They were just in some sh*t motor boat but ruined part of an otherwise great day.

Stew

hi this is my first post on here.i have been fishing the bow for twenty five years from a boat.i started out useing a drift boat early in the am to beat the crowds. soon people started getting on the river as early as 6 am for the same reason to beat the crowds. four years ago i bought my first jet boat now i get on the river early head upstream for twenty minutes get out my oars and enjoy the day.the problem is people in all kinds pf boats have no resect for each other.how many times have you been working a bank and had some azzclown row like mad to get ahead of you ruins the day pizzzes you off.if people treat others with respect it will make the river a better place to be.

hi this is my first post on here.i have been fishing the bow for twenty five years from a boat.i started out useing a drift boat early in the am to beat the crowds. soon people started getting on the river as early as 6 am for the same reason to beat the crowds. four years ago i bought my first jet boat now i get on the river early head upstream for twenty minutes get out my oars and enjoy the day.the problem is people in all kinds pf boats have no resect for each other.how many times have you been working a bank and had some azzclown row like mad to get ahead of you ruins the day pizzzes you off.if people treat others with respect it will make the river a better place to be.

If I had a jet boat I'd use it. That's where I stand. But since i'll never afford one I can only make comments. :) My boat only goes to lakes.

Dave in your case we would refer to you as being a "two pump chump" or "two slap chap"! :P

:ridemcowboy:

P

Just curious if all 2 strokes fall under this label.

On the back of my 2012 evinrude is a couple of stickers, one being a 4 star rating, highest being 5,

the other stating ultra low emisions.

Sounds like they have come a long way.

Why don't we have a vote and try to ban the freshet every year?? I haven't heard anyone mention a peep about that. We go through floods "never before seen for the past 50 yrs or so "! Every year!!! Want to complain about bank erosion?!!!

NO MORE spring thaw and runoffs . lol

NO MORE should the ice be able to shape shift the riverbeds, moving everyones pools, holes and riffles every few years and have to go "hunting" for new ones.

For EVERY reason put forth to "BAN" someone else regarding boats and engines the rivers , the floods Trump 'em all !! Even pollution!! Even rudeness," I was here last night and planned to come back in the morning , GD water's higher and dirtier"

There are no waves on Golf Courses, just sayin'