Which Party Will You Vote For?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Which Party Will You Vote For?

• PC
    • Wildrose
    • Liberal
    • NDP
    • Alberta Party

Looking @ the map of who got elected where, we have a split in Alberta just south of Calgary with nearly all of the area voting SoCred/Reform/WCC/WRP or similar. By in large the rest of Alberta went PC. See: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politi...article2405211/

Can there be some conclusions drawn?

1] Balkanize Alberta about High River?

2] Southern Alberta wants to reduce farm subsidies.

3] Southern Albertians have a sense of humor.

Don

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking @ the map of who got elected where, we have a split in Alberta just south of Calgary with nearly all of the area voting SoCred/Reform/WCC/WRP or similar. By in large the rest of Alberta went PC. See: http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/politi...article2405211/

Can there be some conclusions drawn?

1] Balkanize Alberta about High River?

2] Southern Alberta wants to reduce farm subsidies.

3] Southern Albertians have a sense of humor.

Don

Looks more like Ponoka south to me....with Calgary, Banff and Red Deer being 'Islands of PCs'

Just to stir the pot;

I think a sales tax is a much fairer way to tax people and generate revenue. Better to tax spending than people's earnings. I'd rather take home more pay and decide how much tax I want to pay with my spending.

I know - never happen, in other words, the introduction of a sales tax won't translate into a reduction in my income taxes.

Either way, this gov't better figure out something - sales tax or no, the gov't plays with fire by depending so much on resource price volatility that plays havoc with government coffers.

Smitty

I really don't get it - well it isn't the first time.

Why are a great number all hot and bothered about Redford's spending and not a word about the enormous debit the Harper has shoved down our throats.

All the ballyhoo about Redford and Harper gets away without a single comment.

Are they not both spend like crazy types.

Least Redford is spending it on Alberta.

Don

Guest bobjones
Just to stir the pot;

I think a sales tax is a much fairer way to tax people and generate revenue. Better to tax spending than people's earnings. I'd rather take home more pay and decide how much tax I want to pay with my spending.

I know - never happen, in other words, the introduction of a sales tax won't translate into a reduction in my income taxes.

Either way, this gov't better figure out something - sales tax or no, the gov't plays with fire by depending so much on resource price volatility that plays havoc with government coffers.

Smitty

Yes - because what we need to do is to discourage people from spending their money and get them to save it. Look at the wonders that has done for Japan's economy.

Yes - because what we need to do is to discourage people from spending their money and get them to save it. Look at the wonders that has done for Japan's economy.

I think you are way off the mark using that analogy, as in, not apples vs oranges, but apples vs zebras.

Canada and Japan: vastly different countries, different economies, different issues.

Smitty