Fly Fusion Forums

Korkers Boots

Have never owned a pair of Korkers but have been seeing a lot of good things on the new chromes and metalheads. I actually have a pair of metalheads on hold for me at fishtales that I will be picking up next week! Cant wait to give em a try.

Mike

I have the Chrome Korkers too, great boot, very durable, nice racheting system, and the interchangeable soles have come in handy in a variety of stream bottoms.

Its a good buy, a bit pricey, but should last a while.

Cheers,

I may get a pair. My current pair of korkers are so badly worn out, I have to repair them after each trip. They lasted 2 years before falling part. But I like the fact that they are so light, and the interchangeable soles have worked really well for me. I just wish they were more durable.

Guest Grinr

Have Korkers greatly improved in quality recently or something?No personal experience with them myself,but I would guess this thread is the first time I've ever seen a generally positive review of them?Most everything I've ever read about them is praise of the innovative multi sole design but complaints in regards to the quality and durability?

Pulled the trigger on a new pair of Korkers Chrome today, used them this am on the water, had an older pair of korkers for 3 years but worn them out, great improvement in the ankle support and really a lite boot also, great lacing system very happy.

Picked up a pair of the metalheads on Wednesday. Fished in them Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. I absolutely love them! Very comfortabe boot and super easy to put on and take off. the grippy rubber sole is not the greatest I found but few of them are and hey its easy to switch them out! Obviously cant speak to durability yet but so far I absolutely love them!

Have Korkers greatly improved in quality recently or something?No personal experience with them myself,but I would guess this thread is the first time I've ever seen a generally positive review of them?Most everything I've ever read about them is praise of the innovative multi sole design but complaints in regards to the quality and durability?

They took out the plethora of mesh vents on the upper, which was where mine fell apart after 2 years. Also, the new sole is full width and easier to change. It should offer better grip with the felt soles because of the increased felt area. I selfishly hope that they are more durable.