Fly Fusion Forums

Amazing Catch Part Ii

monger

Since I first met Mr. Troutlover a few years ago I have be in awe of his most impressive skills. The first night I watched him haul fish out of a back eddy at secret spot #2479 I knew I was watching a legend. I have been printing off every post on this board by this fishing master in hopes of gleaning some tidbit that would help me become something closer to this awesome man. Over the past couple of years he has brought an apprentice on board...the Texacan...and now there is two guys cleaning out the Bow. Last week he stuns the fishing community by catching a fish that was not even feeding...an ex-burbot. That is skill!

Earlier this week I was invited to fish with my hero on a trip to the magical burbot run. Unbelievably, I turned him down due to the potential snow and minus temperatures expected this morning. He recently sent me a message with a great report of the morning's haul. I'm so stupid....

But...while he was out slaying fish this morning, I was thinking, if it gets to plus 4C, I'm out there. So after lunch I hit the river. Using all the things I've picked up via the internet from Mr. Troutlover I managed to fool some of those shiny, chrome fish. They seem to be fighting better every week. And then the event that may forever change my fishing career happened....I became like my hero. Wading out deep in a fast run, the indicator goes down...hook set....I feel the weight of a good fish. I played this fish with more care than any other in my life. I was a long way from shore and carefully guided him back to the shallows. I needed photographic evidence since I was fishing alone. I was so glad to get him in.

Though the hook placement is mere millimeters off from a legal catch, I'm hoping the judges will include my catch on a most exclusive list.

P1000246.jpg

P1000250.jpg

SON OF A B! I have been bested by the obvious true master of the BOW RIVER. Ooooh Monger, you just had to one up me by besting my Burbot with a beautiful Trout WELL DONE SIR! Goodness i wonder how many other zombies of the deep lurk there! WELLL i I'm off to Ricks to egg his house if he had never posted the picture of my Burbot, secret zombie fish spot #2074 would never have been hot spotted by the likes of you and i would still hold my legendary status. This forum has ruined me FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!

on a side note: We should start a club there is the famed 20/20 club well Monger i would like to formally welcome you to the Zombie Fish club .....WELL DONE!.....and pull gently.

Guest ArtVandelay

Jared, you're going to have to offer up a guided trip to FFC members to show us all how to catch those dead fish!

The problem with catching and landing zombie fish is that when no other members are around, what's to stop the fisherman from reaching down and putting one's, ahem, worm in the fishes mouth and pulling it, uh, in? So I think to truly qualify as a properly landed zombie fish, you have to have an unassailable witness. As there does not appear to be one in this case, I'm afraid your "catch" does not qualify. I know that sounds harsh, and I hope you don't think I'm questioning your character. Well, I'm totally questioning your character, but don't take it personally. Except that it is totally personal. Whatever, tough shiz, nobody saw it, doesn't count!

The problem with catching and landing zombie fish is that when no other members are around, what's to stop the fisherman from reaching down and putting one's, ahem, worm in the fishes mouth and pulling it, uh, in? So I think to truly qualify as a properly landed zombie fish, you have to have an unassailable witness. As there does not appear to be one in this case, I'm afraid your "catch" does not qualify. I know that sounds harsh, and I hope you don't think I'm questioning your character. Well, I'm totally questioning your character, but don't take it personally. Except that it is totally personal. Whatever, tough shiz, nobody saw it, doesn't count!

Pretty sure that having no witness at all is one step up from having a Texan telling the story... <--poke--<

Just sayin'...

Steve, thanks for sticking up for me....I think.

First of all, you southern redfish murderer, how many zombie fish have you seen while walking around? Would you touch one if you didn't have to? If I was going to falsify the story, I would have put the hook (it's a red wiggler, not a worm) inside the fish's mouth to show off even greater skill than Mr. Troutlover.

My Mom always said I was a character so I must have some. My asinine fishing buddies/witnesses were out of the province so thankfully I got to catch all the fish by myself, including the zombie. And personally I don't think this fish's shiz would be very tough considering he looks a little tenderized.

I can't believe the pure jealousy oozing out from the south side of 22X. I just order the new Zombie Fish Club shirts for my hero Jared and I....just TWO shirts. I guess you'll just have to man up and put a bit more time on the water in hopes of reaching this pinnacle of angling accomplishment.

By the way, I saw the zombie yesterday where I released him on Saturday...he's still recovering from the fight (I had to walk downstream with him for over a 100 yards just like the Texans do).

I can't believe the pure jealousy oozing out from the south side of 22X. I just order the new Zombie Fish Club shirts for my hero Jared and I....just TWO shirts. I guess you'll just have to man up and put a bit more time on the water in hopes of reaching this pinnacle of angling accomplishment.

By the way, I saw the zombie yesterday where I released him on Saturday...he's still recovering from the fight (I had to walk downstream with him for over a 100 yards just like the Texans do).

Maybe you could lend me some of that kinked up 20 lb tippet you use and maybe teach me how to plane trout across the water much like the bass fishermen do. That way I would never have to move!! I'm pretty old and chasing fish is getting harder and harder.

Ok guys we need to have a show down this Saturday in a new spot a fresh run that I haven't been to in years that I'm sure you guys haven't had the chance to scout either spot #2846. FISH OFF! This Saturday!

Wish I could! Can't fish Saturday.