Fly Fusion Forums

Going To Fernie

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

My wife and I are heading down to Fernie for the weekend and i am wondering if any one want to get a ride and split gas?

we are leaving friday night and coming back Sunday afternoon.

snow reports from Fernie are 18cm in the past 24 and 171! in the past 7 days. Supposed to snow Tues, Thurs, and Friday with tones of sun for Sat.

we need to put a seed down so there is only room for 1.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

babies scare me more than triple blacks lol. Nah, my wifes cousins are living down there and its my wifes friends birthday so we are heading down to party and ride some powder.

I went last weekend, I would go again this weekend however I will warn you about a couple of things.

Because of the massive amount of snow and low clouds, little avy control has been done. The only open areas were Timber, Whitepass and Bear. With the increased traffic due to the recent snow this meant everyone funneled into essentially these two areas.

Best snow was found off whitepass. If you know the hill then you will know where to go here.

It rained. Everything above snowline was really good, not some much below, stay up above snowline.

Bring your own lunch, there were huge lineups to get into the bars. Or do a late lunch, or better yet say screw lunch and just rip it up all day. This is also the least busy time at lifts.

Not trying to be negative just trying to help you enjoy your day. I found lots of waist deep untouched powder, so you will have fun. Hopefully they will be able to open a few bowls for your. I was really hoping to try out the polar peak lift, but currie never opened all day.

Have fun.

J

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

Darwin will be hard at work this season in that valley. Lots of temp changes have made for some crazy ice layers. I am hoping that most of the powder junkies have F'd off for now but i know that hill like the back of my hand so i am hoping for some good snow in the trees....and my wifes cousins are cute...so it should be a good shiz show as always.

Was there yesterday. You would have never known that they got that huge dump earlier in the week. Crusty crusty under the most recent snow. Still some nice powder in the less tracked trees, but most stuff was picked apart by late yesterday afternoon. Hope you get a good dump!

Panorama on wed. thur. friday. ski on ski off............ hoping to meet the 21 year old red head from new zealand i met at policeman's last year! probably easier to win the 649! nothing beats a red head with a new zealand accent!!