Fly Fusion Forums

Smokin Deal But High Miler

I have a shot at a 2007 f150 lariat, loaded, beauty of a truck, for a killer price, but it is a high miler, @ 250 km. It has been babied and has not towed anything, just a highway high miler. Any feedback is appreciated. What can a guy expect to get km wise, and well maintained. Can these fords go over 400 km without major worries, or am I smokin something? :kingswim:

i bought a ford ranger with 250k on it and drove it to 350k and it was running great when i sold it to buy another ranger.i never had to put a cent into that truck.that being said my uncle bought a diesel ford with 150k on it and the motor went at 170k so i guess you never know.being that you know the owner and the fact that he wasent hard on it and kept up maintence i wouldnt have a problem buying it.

I have an 2004 F150 with 205 km on it and love the truck! I wouldn't be too worried about the mileage if: 1) it has a great maintenance history 2) that you take it in and have it checked over thoroughly by a certified mechanic 3) you are planning on keeping the truck for a long time as you will be adding more mileage to the unit as you drive it. My tank holds 130 liters and will go just over 800 kms with that. Highway mileage is good, not usre what, but I can drive to Windermere BC and back to Calgary and still have about 3/'8ths of a tank left.

Good luck!

Cgyguy