Fly Fusion Forums

40/30 Johnson Jet

Not sure what your question is,my old Johnson would not start in gear only in neutral.Like said above if you can't pull it at all then indeed you have something stuck in the impeller. Sometimes its not visible and you have to remove the shoe to get at it.

Hi Tungsten, I test drove a jon yesterday with a 2000 jonson 40/30 jet. He was able to pull start the motor in neutral or forward. Is that usual? Thx

Hi Tungsten, I test drove a jon yesterday with a 2000 jonson 40/30 jet. He was able to pull start the motor in neutral or forward. Is that usual? Thx

I have the same motor you are looking at since 98, great motor, loud but reliable.

I always put motor in neutral before starting but can start in drive.

Flat out you are looking at 40 min run time per tank o fuel so a bit thirsty carry 2 fuel cells.

Generally a small pebble will jam the impeller but usually you can see it.

In a rare occurance a rock can fid its way from the top side of impeller, in this instance you will need to remove and dislodge.

ALLWAYS carry a spare keyway and sleeve in your tool kit with this motor, if and when this sheers you are not going anywhere.

Hope this helps

I have the same motor you are looking at since 98, great motor, loud but reliable.

I always put motor in neutral before starting but can start in drive.

Flat out you are looking at 40 min run time per tank o fuel so a bit thirsty carry 2 fuel cells.

Generally a small pebble will jam the impeller but usually you can see it.

In a rare occurance a rock can fid its way from the top side of impeller, in this instance you will need to remove and dislodge.

ALLWAYS carry a spare keyway and sleeve in your tool kit with this motor, if and when this sheers you are not going anywhere.

Hope this helps

Thx Eagle, PM sent, and was that a 9/16 wrench?