Fly Fusion Forums

Waders

As for non-felt options, I'm quite keen to try these new Korker soles "svelte" http://www.korkers.com/soles-accessories/s...ing/svelte.html

Kind of like wearing a brillo pad on your foot. If they work as they look like they should, they will likely provide the most traction for non-felt options.

If those are porous in any way, they will likely get the boot (pun semi-intended) along with felt.

Don't cheap out!

Simms and Patagoina are the best and have the best guarantee/warrantee bar-none!!

P

Just picked up a pair of simms G3 convertable for $300.00 @ Yellowstone anglers. A little over a week and they were at my door. Excellent product so far, will see how the hold up.

My Orvis Guide weight waders are about a dozen years old. Orvis outright replaced (for free) the first set that I had, since I used them almost daily and they started to leak after three years. This pair was completely dry until I landed flat on my butt trying to walk down too great and incline, then the seams got loose. No one in Calgary appears to sell these any more and I don't know why.

It seems that I've read something about new material for the boot foots that try to pass vapor. I've noticed that any neoprene boot foot will accumulate sweat if you hike a long distance in the waders. Anyone tried one of these?