Fly Fusion Forums

Parks Canada Killing Fish At Hidden Lake

A couple reasons for the small group are obvious - The biologist has to collect data on every Brookie removed and given that there will be eight of us working from the falls to the lake she is going to be very busy I suspect (I'm an optimist LOL), The creek is rarely fished and as I understand it, the fish are eager to take flies. I suspect all the participants are as eager as I am to demonstrate we can be an effective tool in this capacity, thus, justify future projects using recreational anglers. I was hoping to see more folks from FFC invited but I can also understand Parks wanting to limit the group size and thus the risks, from a large group in the back country. I did ask to invite more BTW.

I am really hoping for a successful and safe day, and I hope that possibility leads to more organized events that would be large enough to do an open invitation post here in the future - I felt Uberfly was an ideal choice from FFC to demonstrate both the level of skill and backcountry competency I feel is quite typical for much of the FFC membership (No pressure Peter ;) ) and I would like Parks to see first-hand the potential resources that can be found here on FFC. Including Mountainriverwalker there will be 3 of us from FFC.