Fly Fusion Forums

San Juan Say It Aint So

#1 12 Hours Ago

sanjuanworm Join Date: Jan 2011

Down Rigger in Upper Kananaskis Lake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Does anyone use one in either the upper or the lower lake? I feel like I have to have one. Just curious what works on this lake whilst trolling. I'm most a fly guy and new to the trolling scene.

#1 12 Hours Ago

sanjuanworm Join Date: Jan 2011

Down Rigger in Upper Kananaskis Lake

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

where is this from?

How come I am not surprised that that gresse guy would do that, kind of remindes me of ricky from Trailer Park Boys

Hey juilan i don't know whats in there but what I do know is only one of us is coming out and it anit gonna be me

That`s right I bought a boat. We have a cabin north of kamloops and it sucks out there without a boat. So I figured i'd gear it up and test it out. Plus my son is learning to fish and I want to take him boating like my dad took me. Wife's parents live in Victoria so on calm days we can salmon fish.

I bought a downrigger today and a fish finder. Now I just need to learn to troll. We fished that upper lake on friday and caught one 23" bull, lost one and towards the evening they were surfacing and my fly rod was in my truck. FML. I saw a HUGE cutthroat risin. I'm goin back out on Monday with my fly rod and spinners.

Y'all don't know the depths of my redneckery.

lund.jpg

lund2.jpg

lund2.jpg

If anyone thinks having a boat and fishing with downriggers and depthfinders classifies you as a redneck, that means you have no idea what a redneck truly is!

A redneck depth finder is a piece of string with a rock. The boat must have multiple home built attachments. Fishing is best done with trot-lines or dynamite. Occupants never wear shirts. Or if they do, they wear wife beaters or a white T with a pack of smokes rolled up. Dave isn't even sniffing true redneckness with that boat. That thing is a yacht where I come from!

Actually grew up in Southern Louisiana. Same difference, people just talk different.

Damn straight talk different specially when a Cajun runnin' buddy taps you on the shoulder and says "Lets get the hell outta here, left my hogleg in the car" Bit of an eyeopener for a wet behind the ears Canuck

If anyone thinks having a boat and fishing with downriggers and depthfinders classifies you as a redneck, that means you have no idea what a redneck truly is!

A redneck depth finder is a piece of string with a rock. The boat must have multiple home built attachments. Fishing is best done with trot-lines or dynamite. Occupants never wear shirts. Or if they do, they wear wife beaters or a white T with a pack of smokes rolled up. Dave isn't even sniffing true redneckness with that boat. That thing is a yacht where I come from!

Hi, my name is Jonny5, and I am a redneck.

Don't forget jug lines.... And recently legalized in texas: noodling.

I was at the noodling tournament this year in pauls valley Ok, and I will admit, it was REALLY effing fun!

Well I scored a nice big bull on a size 16 chironomid today. It was insane. Not many big fish today but I managed about 14 cutthroat and 1 bull.

Nothing on spinning tackle. Not for lack of trying. I downrigged the lake and trolled surface. Nothing. Saw fish at 130 feet down at times though.