Fly Fusion Forums

Havery Passage??

Does anyone know when this thing is going to be finished?? the City of Calgary website states spring 2008, clearly not the case. http://www.harviepassage.ca/about.html

WHat needs to be completed? the mayors message states it will be completed in spring 2011 http://www.harviepassage.ca/images/HP_PressRelease.pdf

After weeks of rafters floating through the passage the city has put the bouys across the passage again and i see Kayakers there all time. The passage was challenging but I didn't feel at risk with my skiff going over.

Does any one know what the bylaw charge/fine is for traversing the passage if you do get pinched?

That's right, last I heard they're aiming for Spring or early summer 2012. Not sure what the fine is, the buoys have been up but high water broke it off and it has just been reattached. There is signage when you float down above the passage that you must portage. Mind you I think a lot of people are blind drunk coming down that stretch.

The testing that was performed has proven there needs to be considerably more work done to the passage. It has raised new liability concerns for the City of Calgary.

The problems cannot be addressed until this winter at the earliest.

My bet is it will not be opened to the public until 2013 if at all.

The testing that was performed has proven there needs to be considerably more work done to the passage. It has raised new liability concerns for the City of Calgary.

Can you give a source? I've seen tons of people go through most make it through on their tubes and kayaks, mind you i'm not a fluid dynamisist

My bet is it will not be opened to the public until 2013 if at all.

seems like a strange comment seeing the reason behind doing this was to make the river passable

I spoke with the Executive Director of the Parks Foundation, which is the lead organization on the project, about a month ago as I needed the most up to date information for the Lower Bow River Waterproof Mapbok. According to her, the passage is complete but has to undergo hydro testing and an eduction program before it is open to the public. The date of expected opening is 2012.

If I give the source I will not have one.

Yes there are people going over the weir but that does not mean it OK to do so.

When has the City of Calgary not done something with good intentions, only to find out the planning part does not met there expectations or reality.

I spoke with the Executive Director of the Parks Foundation, which is the lead organization on the project, about a month ago as I needed the most up to date information for the Lower Bow River Waterproof Mapbok. According to her, the passage is complete but has to undergo hydro testing and an eduction program before it is open to the public. The date of expected opening is 2012.

This year alone they have giving 3 new expected dates of opening.

I would like nothing better than to be wrong in my expected date of opening as I started a business around the idea of the weir being open to the public.