Fly Fusion Forums

2007 - 08 Nhl Hockey Pool - Who's In?

It's almost time for the 2007-2008 NHL season to begin. If your interested in starting a pool of some sort, let me know. If we get some interest in this, I'll start up a fantasy league or pool. Last year we had 10 people take part, and we'd love to see more get involved. The pool is for both the Fly Fish Calgary and the Fly Angler sites.

We will have a side bet of flies for those who want to. Just tie a dozen flies, your choice of patterns, and the top finisher will get 50% of the flies and the second spot will receive 30% and the 3rd spot will get 20%.( this may change depending on the interest it gets) This is optional, but if you don't submit flies, you won't be eligible to receive them either.

I will cover the set-up fee for the pool, but if you wish to help out with the cost, or send a extra fly or 2 it is appreciated. I will also take any donations of flies for the Casting For Recovery program.

I will send you a PM with the details for logging into the site that is hosting the pool. You will be able to choose 15 players in any combination you wish. Points will be assigned for goals, asssists, shots on net, saves, etc.

Officepools.com

Pass: flyflicker

If your in reply with I'm In.

I'm In.

Who's Taking Part.

1. Pacres - Tying

2. Rocknbugs -

3. Castergirl - Tying

4. Lundvike -

5. Jeffro -

6. LadyStrange - Tying

7. BigBadBrent -

8. PaleMorningDunce - Tying

9. Guito - Tying

10. Maxwell -

11. Bobby - Tying

12. Glen -

13. Hawgstoppah - Tying

14. Massond - Tying

15. Inconnu - Tying

16. Gravelman

17. JeanF

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rocknbugs
It's almost time for the 2007-2008 NHL season to begin. If your interested in starting a pool of some sort, let me know. If we get some interest in this, I'll start up a fantasy league or pool. Last year we had 10 people take part, and we'd love to see more get involved. The pool is for both the Fly Fish Calgary and the Fly Angler sites.

We will have a side bet of flies for those who want to. Just tie a dozen flies, your choice of patterns, and the top finisher will get 50% of the flies and the second spot will receive 30% and the 3rd spot will get 20%.( this may change depending on the interest it gets) This is optional, but if you don't submit flies, you won't be eligible to receive them either.

I will cover the set-up fee for the pool, but if you wish to help out with the cost, or send a extra fly or 2 it is appreciated. I will also take any donations of flies for the Casting For Recovery program.

I will send you a PM with the details for logging into the site that is hosting the pool. You will be able to choose 15 players in any combination you wish. Points will be assigned for goals, asssists, shots on net, saves, etc.

Officepools.com

Pass: PM for password.

Im in, I can tie a dozen flies but the quality is not great as I am new to tying and dont get much time to do it.

If your in reply with I'm In.

I'm In.

Who's Taking Part.

1. Pacres - Tying

i'm such a girl, could someone tell me how these hockey pool things work???? and then i will decide. but i am a definate i don't know

Well, it pretty easy. You just need to pick the 15 players you think will score the most points for you. ( Here is a site that can give you some names based on last years results http://rapids.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/playerinfo/nhlstats) Everyone else will also pick 15 players. Pick a mix of defence, Forwards and Goalies as they all get scored differently. Goalies get points for saves (0.1) and defence get more points for a gaol than forwards etc... If you tie flies, you can join the side bet we have going. You may win a nice selection of flies for next summer.

The person with the most points at the end of the regular season will get bragging rights, and we'll likely send them a few goodies too. If you have any other questions, ask away.

Well, it pretty easy. You just need to pick the 15 players you think will score the most points for you. ( Here is a site that can give you some names based on last years results http://rapids.canoe.ca/cgi-bin/playerinfo/nhlstats) Everyone else will also pick 15 players. Pick a mix of defence, Forwards and Goalies as they all get scored differently. Goalies get points for saves (0.1) and defence get more points for a gaol than forwards etc... If you tie flies, you can join the side bet we have going. You may win a nice selection of flies for next summer.

The person with the most points at the end of the regular season will get bragging rights, and we'll likely send them a few goodies too. If you have any other questions, ask away.

cost?

i'm in and put me in for the side bet also