Fly Fusion Forums

2007 - 08 Nhl Hockey Pool - Who's In?

I hear you. I have a player who didn't lace up yet as well. We are having a trade around the midpoint that you can trade that goalie.

If you notice the people with more than one goalie has a huge advantage!!!! I think if we do this again next year you might want to have some set positions, such as 2 goalies 4 d-man and 10 forwards. Just a thought.

Guito

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

When's the trade going to be? I need some more goalies.

Just a thought, for next year... we need to know the exact scoring system before selecting players. I agree with set positions, and more trades. 2 goalies, 4 d-men, and 9 forwards (3 centers and 6 wingers). Make it a bit more fun (and a bit more skilled in the selection process). No need for a draft etc, just a need to make the teams uniform at each position.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Rocknbugs

I would love to see 2 dates set per season were we get together and do some trades and drink beer. I would also love to have it like your basic pool, you get a point everytime one of your players gets a point......period! Pools should be decided by points not by how many goalies you pick as we all know that goalies dont score many points so should not factor into the end result.

Or we can work it like this:

13 Players:

3 Goalies

8 Forwards

2 Defencemen

or whatever something like that, if I would have known that all I had to do was pick 6 or so goalies I would have.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update on the pool.

I have 4 sets of flies so far and a few donations for Casting for recovery. (Lundvike, your flies arrived yesterday) If anyone else is sending flies for the pool, send me a PM for an address.

Here are the standings as of this morning.

post-1-1205335319.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here are the final results. Congratz PMDunc for taking the title.

I received flies from 2 people who did not include their board names. I have flies from myself, Massond, lundvike, and lady strange. Can the other 2 people send me a pm with a short desc of their flies and I'll award the winners. Thanks everyone for taking part, now enjoy the playoffs. We'll do this again next year, but I'll make some changes so there will be better structure and lots more trades. :)

post-1-1207756891.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I think I have in everyone's flies that got an address to send them in.

Lundvike had the highest finish with a dozen sent in, so I'll be sending a package of flies your way. I'll be donating the remaining flies to Casting for Recovery.

Thanks again everyone who took part. We'll do it again next year with some revamped rules and hopefully it will level the playing feild a bit.

I think I have in everyone's flies that got an address to send them in.

Lundvike had the highest finish with a dozen sent in, so I'll be sending a package of flies your way. I'll be donating the remaining flies to Casting for Recovery.

Thanks again everyone who took part. We'll do it again next year with some revamped rules and hopefully it will level the playing feild a bit.

Thanks very much for organizing this. Do you need me to send you a cheque for the postage?