Fly Fusion Forums

Caught And Landed My First Cutthroats !

Hey everyone i went up to Running Rain Lake today at 7:30 got their at about 9:30 and started throwing some caddis on top and had no luck for 20 minutes. Then some of my buddys saw some cutthroats in the water clear as day looking for food after that long winter and i got over their and started throwing some caddis on top when my hook got stuck in one of the pine tree's and broke off with my hook and a foot of my leader went with it. So that's when i decided to throw a indicator with a split shot and a chronomid on then that's when 4 cuttthroats started checking out the chronomid for a a minute or so then left. They came back 2 minutes later and the biggest one out of all of them which was 12 or 13 inches took it and decided he wanted to fight. I got him in and got the hook out and took a couple pictures that i was not able to get on here but at the end of the day i caught 6 cutthroats and left the lake as a really happy man. All of the cutthroats where a decent size around 10 , 11 inches and it's espicially a good place to go to hangout catch some fish and relax , i must have saw about 25 in the water clear as day till 2:00 then that's when we decided to head out.

Tight lines , Austin :)

Austin,

What was the area like around the lake?! Last time I was up there some "Random campers" with a pitbull left the area a mess with a stringer of fish dead in the water (before they changed the regs), a burning towel on their (still smoldering) fire, toilet paper and sh*t everywhere, a half full gallon of colemen fuel on the trail...

So... Inquiring minds what to know?

P

Austin,

What was the area like around the lake?! Last time I was up there some "Random campers" with a pitbull left the area a mess with a stringer of fish dead in the water (before they changed the regs), a burning towel on their (still smoldering) fire, toilet paper and sh*t everywhere, a half full gallon of colemen fuel on the trail...

So... Inquiring minds what to know?

P

MAN that's where I left my towel! JK wasn't me.

Great post, sounds like a blast. Congrats on your first cutty! Did you get the instant addiction?

Yeah I know Taco, but another *hit disturber on here complained to the mods once regarding my language so I was just trying to be somewhat respectful...

Thanks for the correction!

Cheers,

P

fixed it for ya..*hit ain't that hard to spell