Fly Fusion Forums

Reward--lost Anchor And Rope On Bow, July 15

bighopper

Lost Anchor (30lb lead pyramid) and braided rope on Bow near downstream tip of an island between the llama farm and the Cliffs of Doom on Saturday July 15. Reward or $50, or a float on the Bow in August or Sept., to anyone who finds and returns them. End region of rope may be floating on/near surface and visible.

(Don't ask how it happened--kinda embarrassing) :)

No Longer Needed----Have ordered a new one.

Please ignore the message below. I have ordered a new steel anchor from Hyde.

Thanks.

--------------------------------------------------

Lost Anchor (30lb lead pyramid) and braided rope on Bow near downstream tip of an island between the llama farm and the Cliffs of Doom on Saturday July 15. Reward or $50, or a float on the Bow in August or Sept., to anyone who finds and returns them. End region of rope may be floating on/near surface and visible.

(Don't ask how it happened--kinda embarrassing) :)

A little better description of location would be better as the rope is probably just swinging in the current waiting for people to snag on it.I could easily retrieve it if i new exactly where it is.

Thanks for the reply. I think that the island was adjacent to either the first or second large navigable side channel downstream of Policeman's. Anchor was dropped about 10 feet below the downstream tip of the island on the side closest to the North bank of the Bow.

(I will try to cancel my order with Hyde, or have it postponed for a few weeks-----If I can, the reward will still stand).

Ok so your not talking about the side channel thats a couple hundred yds down from police right?The next ones would be by the lama farm the next ones from there would be just down from must be nice the house with all the trees in straight rows on the south side.The next one would be across from the cotton wood golf course.So its one of the 3 yes?If its only 10 feet down from an island then it should be easy.Some one will find it now that we have a better location.

Funny, had this happen about two weeks ago on the Big Hole. Got a nice brown to the net and asked my oarsman to move to a slow water spot and drop the anchor. While I was keeping the fish in the water, I asked why we were still moving and then I heard "oh sh-t"! Turned around to see the anchor rope waving in the water. Fortunately for my oarsman it was a warm day and he had mentioned 20 minutes before "it would be nice to take a swim".

It was easy for him to find!

Ok so your not talking about the side channel thats a couple hundred yds down from police right?The next ones would be by the lama farm the next ones from there would be just down from must be nice the house with all the trees in straight rows on the south side.The next one would be across from the cotton wood golf course.So its one of the 3 yes?If its only 10 feet down from an island then it should be easy.Some one will find it now that we have a better location.

Yes, I think it was one of those three. I think that it was the side channel that had a tree hanging into the water on the right side near the middle or upper end of the channel where it takes a bend to the right. Sorry that I did not pay more attention to make a note of the exact location.

Thanks.

Reward Reinstated----I was able to cancel my order at Hyde for a new anchor, so the reward still stands if anyone finds my lost anchor within the next 10-12 days or so. If not, I'll get a new one sometime in August.

Thanks.

Yes, I think it was one of those three. I think that it was the side channel that had a tree hanging into the water on the right side near the middle or upper end of the channel where it takes a bend to the right. Sorry that I did not pay more attention to make a note of the exact location.

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Reward Reinstated----I was able to cancel my order at Hyde for a new anchor, so the reward still stands if anyone finds my lost anchor within the next 10-12 days or so. If not, I'll get a new one sometime in August.

Thanks.

The channel is likely the one leading to G-run or the one at the bottom of Must be Nice that ends at Frenchman's Sorry I'm old and only know the runs by their original names I would suggest a bit of dredging in these areas with your streamer set-up and posting notes in the fly shops as it will likely be a guide who comes across it...