Fly Fusion Forums

Pontoon Boats

Pat, I know what what you mean on the pontoon boat. Before I bought mine I thought that they are pretty pricey and would I really get that much use out of it. Also, how effective was it for fishing out of and other questions along that line. To say nothing about what features or which boat I would like. After thinking about it for a couple of weeks, as well as watching The Bargain Finder and other similar adds, one boat caught my eye. It was just a basic Water Skeeter entry level boat that I ended up buying. That was about 5 years ago and I have never regretted it yet. Having the boat gives me the flexibility to decide on a float in the morning and to actually be on the water 1/2 hour later. The boat I have will dissassemble and fit in the back of a car, my wifes Acura CSX, similar to a Honda Civic. Actually the time required to be on the water is closer to an hour than a half hour. It takes 15 to 20 minutes to inflate and put the boat together. The tricky part is convincing your wife to pick you up at the end of the day. I think I average about 15 trips each year so cost per trip is pretty reasonable. One thing I would add is that when you do catch a bigger fish while you are floating, it's hard to control the fish when you are floating south and Mr. fish decides to head North. I've lost a lot of big fish that way. Either way, if you do end up buying a boat, I dont think you will regret it. I dont ever have to wait for someone else to agree to go fishing. I just pack up the boat and go.

I have a spare boat now so if you wanted to give it a try before you decide, send me a note.

Murray

I am toying with the idea of a pontoon boat, but I know diddley about them. Can anyone point me to a site with general info on what to look for?

TIA

Pat

I hummed and hawwwed about this purchase for about six months. Would I really use it, is it worth it etc.

bought mine less than a week ago and I am loving the purchase. Have used it only on the lakes so far, but as soon as the bow goes down a bit I will hit the river with it. Do you research is all I can recommend. I ended up going with the Outcast 9IR, 5 year warranty, solid build, stable in the water.

Hope you get one, well worth it in my opinion.

J

I've had my fishcat for about 5 Yrs. and never regretted the $ spent. I don't float the Bow as often as I'd like but who does. I also use it on my community lake when I want to spend the day on the water when the Bow is running high. Bought it at the Boat & Sportsmans show from Fishin' Hole. Best $400. I've spent on gear ever.