Fly Fusion Forums

Sinister Story (hope Not)

So Deb and I (and our dive club) were participating in a clean up dive last Sunday at Crystal Shores Community Lake in Okotoks...

Towards the end of the dive we came upon a hockey back that was attached to a river type anchor... I didn't want to look inside and it was too heavy for me to carry with the rest of the garbage we had collected...

The RCMP were called and they intern called the local Fire Dept who showed up yesterday with masks and snorkles!! <--poke--< <--poke--< A buddy was going out tonight with the RCMP to try an locate and recover the bag... I hope it's nothing gruesome (both Deb and I had visions of the "Bay Harbor Butcher"/Dexter or drowned puppies/kittens)...

Yikes!

I haven't heard anything thus far...

P

• 2 weeks later...
So Deb and I (and our dive club) were participating in a clean up dive last Sunday at Crystal Shores Community Lake in Okotoks...

Towards the end of the dive we came upon a hockey back that was attached to a river type anchor... I didn't want to look inside and it was too heavy for me to carry with the rest of the garbage we had collected...

The RCMP were called and they intern called the local Fire Dept who showed up yesterday with masks and snorkles!! <--poke--< <--poke--< A buddy was going out tonight with the RCMP to try an locate and recover the bag... I hope it's nothing gruesome (both Deb and I had visions of the "Bay Harbor Butcher"/Dexter or drowned puppies/kittens)...

Yikes!

I haven't heard anything thus far...

P

Ever hear anything?

I am guessing they are using for a marker of some type. Back home we use to see areas in large bodies of water marked in similar fashion, however we used duffle bags (might be the same as a hockey bag), what they would be using it to mark I do not know, but that is the only logical thing that comes to mind.