Fly Fusion Forums

How Many In The North?

N.W. Fly shop  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Fly shop in the N.W.

• Yes I would use a fly shop in the N.W.
    • No. I wouldn't use a fly shop in the N.W.

Hi all,

Just curious to as knowing how many people on this board used or would use a fly shop in the nw of the city? I live in the nw and I dread driving down 30 minutes on a good day just to grab that one material that you need in the middle of that killer fly you are creating. I think to myslef sure would be nice to drive half the time or less to get it. Just curious to know how many would use a fly shop in the n.w.?

Thanks

Matt

I think most everyone who lives in the NW would use a shop up here and those in the south wouldn't (why would they when they already have four to choose from?). When Troutfitters was by the stadium I used to stop in there on the way home from work all the time to pick up a couple things I needed especially if I was going to do some tying that night. Now I have to hope I grab everything I need when I'm in the south or that $2 pack of dubbing becomes $10 with the gas. Of course if it was a shop full of douchebags then I'd have no problem driving to the south for a spool of thread or pack of dubbing.

Guest 420FLYFISHIN

from what i remember the strip mall owners were jacking up the rent. I would love a store up here as long as the price is right lol

There is The Fishing Center on 82 St and 129 Ave. It's not too bad, the guys in there are pretty up on the flyfishing in the Edmonton area, pike, lakes, grayling and goldeye. I used to live close to there, in fact if I remember correctly the original Fishin Hole, that Russ Thornberry owned was across the street and about 4 blocks north.

I think most everyone who lives in the NW would use a shop up here and those in the south wouldn't (why would they when they already have four to choose from?). When Troutfitters was by the stadium I used to stop in there on the way home from work all the time to pick up a couple things I needed especially if I was going to do some tying that night. Now I have to hope I grab everything I need when I'm in the south or that $2 pack of dubbing becomes $10 with the gas. Of course if it was a shop full of douchebags then I'd have no problem driving to the south for a spool of thread or pack of dubbing.

Hey, a new avatar for headscan.

I'm wondering how much the local fly shops actually profit from those who tie their own, as opposed to those who just go in to buy flies & equipment.

I would think that this may have a bearing on where the fly shops are.

Being as the river is in the south, I don't think that many people coming to fish the Bow from out of town are going to drive to the NW to look for equipment or supplies.

I don't tie, but I can see your predicament. It is horrible trying to get anywhere in this ever growing city.

Opening day vs the Twins yesterday.

Great start for the Jays & I hope someone opens a fly shop in the NW.

Does BP have a decent fly shop?

I've not been there yet.

That is probably the only place north of the river other than The Fishin' Hole; & yes I know that is not NW.