Fly Fusion Forums

Whitefish On Streamers

monger

Not all that often, but it depends on what you are swinging. I sometimes get a few if I'm swinging stoneflys or occassionally on a leeches, buggers, blood worms. I recall catching a few really big whitefish, swinging stones on a sink tip, down at Burnco in late March, a few years ago.

I've also caught a couple of Burbot on the swing. Burbot love leeches and I love swinging leeches.

I caught one on a Blackstone trib using a pretty big streamer prospecting for bulls and big cutts. In one little stretch I caught a cutt, bull, brookie, and whitefish all on the same streamer.

Cheers.

i have caught many of whities on a SJW or PT, when nymphing and letting it swing through cause i'm looking around and thinking about something else.. usually hit it right at the end of the swing. Usually get excited cause i think its a bow.. but nope..just a big fat white

• 1 month later...
Guest Dennis59

One of the biggest whites I saw caught (on the Red Deer) by a friend of mine was using about a size 4 clouser. I've caught serveral on smallish thunder Creek minnow.

Tight lines Always.

Dennis S :laxfisher::fish_jump:

• 2 months later...