Fly Fusion Forums

Breaking Tfo's

Guest bigbadbrent

Let's see,

I've broken 2 tips (1 my fault, 1 my dog's) and busted off an eye (not sure how) on one of the mid sections on my 4 pc 5wt TFO Signature series of the canary yellow variety. Not a workmanship issue in any case, except possibly the eye.

Where did you get it in canary? I like my TFO, but I don't like having the same rod as all my fishing buddies. Just gotta be different.

Where did you get it in canary? I like my TFO, but I don't like having the same rod as all my fishing buddies. Just gotta be different.

I'm supposed to say:

"I found it by the river"

It's an instructors rod: it stands out like a sore thumb and is easy to see (dare I say it's a bit loud and obnoxious?) And if you ever saw me cast you would understand just how hysterical that really is.

I'm supposed to say:

"I found it by the river"

It's an instructors rod because it stands out like a sore thumb (dare I say it's a bit loud and obnoxious?) And if you ever saw me cast you would understand just how hysterical that really is.

It's an instructors rod because it stands out like a sore thumb (dare I say it's a bit loud and obnoxious?)

Sounds like the perfect Damn Yankee rod :P :P :P LMSAO And before ya say you ain't no damn Yankee you're a Texican let me say, you're in Canada now and anybody who originates in the United States of 'merica is a Damn Yankee :D :D :D;)

Guest Sundancefisher

I have a few TFO's TiCR and TiCRx's with no complaints so far and moderate useage. Have not had to replace anything. For the price I will not complain

Sounds like the perfect Damn Yankee rod :P :P :P LMSAO And before ya say you ain't no damn Yankee you're a Texican let me say, you're in Canada now and anybody who originates in the United States of 'merica is a Damn Yankee :D :D :D;)

I would say the perfect rod for a Texan. People can see it coming from a mile away and get out of the way. Gives me lots of free water to deal with.

By the way LS, I'd never say this on the Cuba post because there you are my mortal enemy. But aside from that, I still love ya!

(maybe not love, but you know what I mean)

I promise only one post this time.

Guest Sundancefisher

In thinking of the broken rod concerns...

I would think if someone is breaking a lot of rods as a result of casting errors that taking a lesson or two just to have a few suggestions on how to change the cast up would be money well spent. Then less money wil be spent on repairs after a little lesson expense.

If you are breaking rods cause of doors, trees, hiking mishaps, etc...then those prone to clumsy errors must love this warranty especially cause the company services in Calgary.

Apparently if the breakage is a result of manufactoring then there is no charge.

Overall I like the quality of the rods and the warranty seems very fair. I would love to test drive an Axium (or whatever they are called).

I wonder where all the broken parts go and if they get recycled. I would love a whole bunch of 2-3 foot flyrod tops to make into ice fishing rods for crafts in Cubs. Anyone know this?

Cheers.

Sun

Guest bigbadbrent

i can tell you my problem isn't my casting skill, its my reluctancy to change rods to use the correct thing. I've used my 4 and 5 weight to chase bull trout, because i didn't have a bigger rod at the time, and a bully just appeared..im not gonna just leave that fish alone, i dont know when i'll be back with a bigger rod..i'm going after it. A 5 (or even a 6) isn't made to toss double bunnies and split shot (they will, just not very delicately)...like i said, pilot error

Not many people will nymph the bow with a 4 weight...i do