Fly Fusion Forums

First Fish On A Fly!

Guest ArtVandelay

Guest JayVee

Hi Guys

Well after 5 evenings of fishing around Carburn park I finally caught and landed my fish fish on a fly:

post-1016-1188586692.jpg

I had managed to catch several fish over the 5 evenings but never landed any...they would invariably fight their way off before I landed any of them. This was getting really frustrating. After a little effctive advice from the good folks at Russell's, I managed to catch and land 3 in the same evening, none of them a substantial size. It was exhilarating catching this little guy and the adrenaline rush was awesome...I almost needed a cigarette after that! I can't imagine what it feels like to land a 20+ incher. I may need to get a physical before that happens! Anyway I'm totally addicted now. I'm 42 years old and regret not starting this years ago. Oh well, many more good evenings to come.

Hi Guys

Well after 5 evenings of fishing around Carburn park I finally caught and landed my fish fish on a fly:

post-1016-1188586692.jpg

I had managed to catch several fish over the 5 evenings but never landed any...they would invariably fight their way off before I landed any of them. This was getting really frustrating. After a little effctive advice from the good folks at Russell's, I managed to catch and land 3 in the same evening, none of them a substantial size. It was exhilarating catching this little guy and the adrenaline rush was awesome...I almost needed a cigarette after that! I can't imagine what it feels like to land a 20+ incher. I may need to get a physical before that happens! Anyway I'm totally addicted now. I'm 42 years old and regret not starting this years ago. Oh well, many more good evenings to come.

Just wait. Hooking a big one still takes my breath away (1 yr with the fly rod). I hadn't landed a 20" fish dead drifting a dry until this morning. My arms were literally shaking with excitement.

Congrats. 3 fish on a fly on the Bow is pretty impressive.

Congrats Dude, yep you will love the feeling it only gets better, and more expensive as you need more and more gear,lol. I loved the feeling of the first big fish I caught on a fly, was a 20 lb pike off Great Slave Lake, fought him for 45 min, a few pics and off he went, the only prob older gear and the drag nut kept falling off as i wound the reel, made for a interesting fish, at the same time the fish cops were checking for licenses and waited for all the action to be done, the catch and release before they motored over, nice of them. But have fun fish lots and don't be afraid to ask questions, you will love the amswers,,,lol.