Fly Fusion Forums

On River Spey-o-rama - Sunday, October 24

FishTales

Join Maxwell, Chris, Kurtis and other speycasters on the banks of the Bow for this hands-on session. This is a great opportunity to cast demo outfits and discuss line setups with Fish Tales representatives and other attendees. We’ll have a range of spey/switch rods as well as the Airflo Scandi and Skagit kits on hand.

Time: 1 – 3

This is our first Sunday seminar of the Fall 2010/Winter 2011 series.

Our next seminar will be on November 7 when Bow river guide Todd Clark will be discussing nymphing techniques for the Bow. On November 14 join Jeff Thomson for a seminar on tying on the norvise. Watch our seminar page for more details about these and other seminar topics.

Check out our courses page for information on Levels I and II fly tying, Grand Slam tying, and rod building courses.

Fish Tales Fly Shop

#626, 12100 Macleod Tr

403-640-1273

Thanks for the tips and help guys. Also thanks to Fish Tales for the chance to demo the Amundson 3/4 and to the participant who let me try the 3/4 Echo.

I stayed after, and caught fish

Thanks Fish Tales

Thanks for the tips and help guys. Also thanks to Fish Tales for the chance to demo the Amundson 3/4 and to the participant who let me try the 3/4 Echo.

How did you like the Echo 4wt? My favourite rod and I really like it but others seemed to think it was a noodle lol

Was good to get out and cast a couple of rods I've never tried before - the Loomis NRX 13' 8/9 and the Amundson 11' 3/4. I was pretty impressed by the Amundson. At the price point I think it's a good starting point for people wanting to try spey casting for trout for the first time.

Nice to meet a few new people and see some familiar faces.

I echo (pun intended) the thanks to Fish Tales for the oppurtunity to cast some nice rods. It was interesting to cast different rods, in lengths, weights, & from different manufacturers. Also thanks to Headscan for the simplifiying of the Perry Poke & great to meet more spey enthusaits. I also found the next must have, or must haves. I knew this was going to get expensive.

How did you like the Echo 4wt? My favourite rod and I really like it but others seemed to think it was a noodle lol

I liked the Amundson much better. I was looking for a lighter rod, and it seemed to fit that, and I found it more responsive than the Echo. I guess I would call it less noodly, but I am not a good judge of that, I am not sure what "more noodly" feels like, maybe I have been married too long.

I liked the Amundson much better. I was looking for a lighter rod, and it seemed to fit that, and I found it more responsive than the Echo. I guess I would call it less noodly, but I am not a good judge of that, I am not sure what "more noodly" feels like, maybe I have been married too long.

Should have probably said softer action than noodly, but with just a handfull of casts with each one I also preferred the Amundsen, but it all depends on the way they are set up & time you get with each rod. The fellow that owned the Echo was casting great with it, beautiful casts.

I went with sole purpose of casting the Echo but went an enitrely different direction to the Sage, which I found to be stiffer which suits my casting style.

I'm still considering the Echo or the Amundsen for 2 reasons the price, & think they would be a blast fighting fish, I would just have to slow down my cast even further than I do now on my Echo Classic.