Fly Fusion Forums

Elk Hunting

I and my son have a special draw and am working hard to fill the tags..

Other wise!!!!

Do you guys need a third? Is that possible to have a guest on your tag?

If not, and you guys want to do it as a father-son team only, let me know if you would like to go next yr.

Best of luck too!

Adam

I and my son have a special draw and am working hard to fill the tags..

Other wise!!!!

Which season did you get Ray?

Best bet is after a major snowfall or extreme cold in the "special area".

If you need some more land to hunt I may be able to provide some leads depending on which side you are

If you need some more land to hunt I may be able to provide some leads depending on which side you are

Nice Spadefoot.

Do you guys need a third? Is that possible to have a guest on your tag?

If not, and you guys want to do it as a father-son team only, let me know if you would like to go next yr.

Best of luck too!

Adam

Yeah Father son for his first Elk..

Not possible to have guest on tag..

This is for Cow Elk.. They ain't easy..

Next year his Pri is high enough for Bull..

B side, early season, just going for Cow, and scouting for Bull next year..

IF that is the side you are talking about Let's move it to PM, so TACO don't Poach it!!

HAHAHA

BTW; it's been awhile but put in for the Cypress Hills special draw, that way you don't have to wait till she's 40 gawddamned below and effin' windy to hunt them big assed park bulls.

A friend and I are on general tags this year and have been trying to get an elk with the bows. I've pretty much trashed a pair of boots with not much to show for it. they are still pretty high up with this mild weather and it's tough going.

It's been a good deer year so far though.

I'm bringing my rifle, don't have a Bow yet, let me know if you guys need a third, and

best of luck man!

Adam

I never had any luck elk hunting, tried it for many years.I was always in the wrong spot or there was always too many other hunters.The only time i saw a legal bull was when i had a cow moose tag and the only time i saw a cow moose was when i was elk hunting.

Now i just go buy a couple hundred dollars of meat in November and call it good.I fish with the rest of the money i saved.

I wish you guys good luck in filling your tags.

I never had any luck elk hunting, tried it for many years.I was always in the wrong spot or there was always too many other hunters.The only time i saw a legal bull was when i had a cow moose tag and the only time i saw a cow moose was when i was elk hunting.

Now i just go buy a couple hundred dollars of meat in November and call it good.I fish with the rest of the money i saved.

I wish you guys good luck in filling your tags.

T

I am getting the same way, WAY TOO DAMN OLD TO BE FOLLOWING MY LONG LEGGED SON!!

But love the time with him, Safeway Elk is looking better and better, but and there is always a but, as long as the kid will have me around I will go out with him hunting Fly fishing etc..

Man should not type and drink Red wine, showing my soft side, and no TACO it ain't my pot belly or my AZZ..

Rumor has it that there's now wolves on the British Block and the block elk are scatterin'. Jenner Colony has been fattenin' a fair bunch lately and they're farmin' in both 150 and 151

Rumor has it that there's now wolves on the British Block and the block elk are scatterin'. Jenner Colony has been fattenin' a fair bunch lately and they're farmin' in both 150 and 151

Taco.

Rumors are correct.Seen pics of one pair from the opening season.There are reports of 3 pairs now working the block.Rumor has it they were going to introduce more to keep the herd in check.From what i was told these are not transplants but have found their own way to the British block.Will be interesting to see what happens when and if they start crossing the fence.