Fly Fusion Forums

Not As Many Lakers Part 4

cowtownscribe

Do not fret dear readers - the end is near......

In spite of going to bed late, I was up at 4:30AM to get a shot of the sun coming up.

FEW_20100911_5348.jpg

After that I headed over to the lodge for to get a coffee. It was shortly after that our guide mentioned that sometime during the night, a grizzly and some wolves had walked along the beach in front of the lodge. I couldn’t help but shiver a little bit, as I was taking pictures most of the night right above where they ambled past. All I had noticed was the Aurora, stars, planets and meteors.

FEW_20100911_5386.jpgFEW_20100911_5398.jpg

But all too soon, we were flying back to Yellowknife. I snoozed most of the way, as quite frankly there didn’t seem to be any reason to take more pictures through an aircraft window. I’m sure the fact that I had a late night/early morning didn’t help either. I know that definitely I need to go back soon!

Enjoy (and thanks for your patience).

Frank.

WOW those are some beautiful shots. Especially of the lights. I have found that the Caribou up there are quite easy to sneak up on, they even are curious about new sights and sounds and will come close to investigate. It is a incredible part of Canada, thanks for posting.

Incredible pics, Frank. Such a unique part of the country; looks like you went at the right time of year to get the best colors.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

BTW, the 10 pic limit is per post, not per topic. If you want to keep all your pics in the same topic/thread, just click on the "add reply" icon

at the bottom of your original post; now, you can add 10 more pics, and so on, and so on...

Incredible pics, Frank. Such a unique part of the country; looks like you went at the right time of year to get the best colors.

Thanks so much for sharing with us.

BTW, the 10 pic limit is per post, not per topic. If you want to keep all your pics in the same topic/thread, just click on the "add reply" icon

at the bottom of your original post; now, you can add 10 more pics, and so on, and so on...

DOH!

Of course, I wouldn't be able to build up tension and curiosity if it was all on one post ;)

Duly noted.

Frank.