Fly Fusion Forums

Drift Boat Plans

bigbrooktrout

The plans I have for the boat we built are more like instructions with not too many actual dimensions.

You're welcome to have a look at them and I'm always willing to sit and BS about building a boat.

PM me

BK

Ha. Bruns you're willing to sit and bs about anything, anytime, anywhere!!

• 4 months later...

If you want a boat to last a life time with minimal maintenance aluminum is the way to go. Aluminum is your friend on new waters where you not see those big rocks until it's to late, glass is much easier to handle on the water, but with the extra weight the aluminums track great in the wind..... it's realy 6 of one half dozen of another. Both glass and aluminum have serious positives and serious negatives, it really depends on what waters you are going to fish.

If you want a boat to last a life time with minimal maintenance aluminum is the way to go. Aluminum is your friend on new waters where you not see those big rocks until it's to late, glass is much easier to handle on the water, but with the extra weight the aluminums track great in the wind..... it's realy 6 of one half dozen of another. Both glass and aluminum have serious positives and serious negatives, it really depends on what waters you are going to fish.

my boat is wood< bought it in Boise Idaho in 1990> sat outside for the first two years that i owned it> big mistake... but ever since then i have poured a gallon of Danish oil finish on her every year. thougher than aluminium> living substance rules

Lack of weight never seems to be a problem with me or the guys that I fish with.

:$*%&: :laugh:

Andrew