Fly Fusion Forums

B.c. Trip

Xplorer

Hey guys,

I just spent the last 8 Days in B.C. camping and managed to get out and fish a few days when the wife was at the spa. I have various topo maps of the the area south of Invermere and figured it was time to do some exploring/bushwacking.

I fished three different creeks with decent success in most for small cutts and the occasional brookie. I was looking for some possible bull trout too but came up empty. I did not see one but did catch a few fish with suspicious damage that may be bull trout related. I also met a very nice conservation officer who gave me alot of tips/insight into the area. So next year I have 2 more creeks and a lake to check out. He was also very helpfull regarding back country access to some of the creeks in the area as not all roads/trails are open to vehicle access anymore. I managed to rip my lower legs up pretty good trying to find the water but my wader's would have been torn to shreds had I wore them. The cold creeks were pretty good at stopping the bleeding.

Here's some pics to enjoy, still working on the underwater stuff, having focus issues it seems, damn cold water too.

IMGP0121.jpg

IMGP0095.jpg

IMGP0088.jpg

Bull Trout damage maybe?????

IMGP0097.jpg

IMGP0106.jpg

IMGP0084.jpg

IMGP0112.jpg

IMGP0113.jpg

IMGP0119.jpg

IMGP0125.jpg