Fly Fusion Forums

Yo! New Albertans And/or Gravel Road Neophytes!!

Slow down a tad and lift your gawddamned accelerator foot when meeting oncoming traffic on gravel roads. I'm tempted to follow the next stupid SOB that covers me with gravel to his destination and throw a 5 gallon bucket of 3/4 crush over his effin wheels.

Not that I'm actually defendin' Ol' Double D but he's from Northern Manitoba, I suspect he knows how gravel roads work.

Topper was today, ***hat keeps rollin' down the center of the road happily slinging rock and forces me almost to the grass so we don't slap mirrors. Frick that stretch of road was only about 60' wide. Someone needs his nuts tamped about armpit high

Slow down a tad and lift your gawddamned accelerator foot when meeting oncoming traffic on gravel roads. I'm tempted to follow the next stupid SOB that covers me with gravel to his destination and throw a 5 gallon bucket of 3/4 crush over his effin wheels.

They should teach that in Driver's Ed.. Just ask the guy that did that to my uncle when I was younger how that turned out.

Not that I'm actually defendin' Ol' Double D but he's from Northern Manitoba, I suspect he knows how gravel roads work.

Topper was today, ***hat keeps rollin' down the center of the road happily slinging rock and forces me almost to the grass so we don't slap mirrors. Frick that stretch of road was only about 60' wide. Someone needs his nuts tamped about armpit high

60'?! Geez b'ye.. that's barely enough room for 2 Smart cars for the type you're talking about! Never ceases to amaze me how "big" some people think their vehicles are..

60'?! Geez b'ye.. that's barely enough room for 2 Smart cars for the type you're talking about! Never ceases to amaze me how "big" some people think their vehicles are..

It's not how big their vehicles are, but how small their "unit" is that is making them compensate with a big vehicle driven like it's even bigger. We're dealing here with a classic case of little dick syndrome. There is very little these guys can do about it except overcompensate with macho-ism. Sad.

So Taco, don't get mad at them, just feel sorry for how unfulfilling their lives must be.

Just keep in mind that I used to drive a VW Gulf and then an Echo..... I'm just saying.

Cheers.

It's not how big their vehicles are, but how small their "unit" is that is making them compensate with a big vehicle driven like it's even bigger. We're dealing here with a classic case of little dick syndrome.

Just keep in mind that I used to drive a VW Gulf and then an Echo..... I'm just saying.

Cheers.

What are you saying?

It's not how big their vehicles are, but how small their "unit" is that is making them compensate with a big vehicle driven like it's even bigger. We're dealing here with a classic case of little dick syndrome. There is very little these guys can do about it except overcompensate with macho-ism. Sad.

So Taco, don't get mad at them, just feel sorry for how unfulfilling their lives must be.

Cheers.

No.. I was actually talking about the people that drive GOLF'S and Echo's, etc. who still take up 3/4 of the road. You know the ones.. you try to pass them on narrow streets and you see them looking back in forth in their mirrors panicking.. wondering if there's enough room, when there's 4 FEET on either side. You'd swear they were driving a city bus.

No.. I was actually talking about the people that drive GOLF'S and Echo's, etc. who still take up 3/4 of the road. You know the ones.. you try to pass them on narrow streets and you see them looking back in forth in their mirrors panicking.. wondering if there's enough room, when there's 4 FEET on either side. You'd swear they were driving a city bus.

I think I saw a guy with the license plate "bigtoad" doing that the other day, except he was smoking a peace pipe and giving every truck that passed him the finger.

What I'm saying is that it is an attitude shared by those trying to compensate for whatever. It's a chip on the shoulder issue. You could drive an Echo and still have the attitude or a suped up 4x4. It's just easier to feel like you own the road when you drive something big. Most of the idiots I've met either drive something big and/or suped up. I also know some really nice guys who drive big tanks. I've also met idiots who drive wee little cars.

It's a generalization for sure but one not without merit. Guys lacking in whatever area in their lives try to compensate for it in some other way. Sometimes it happens to be big ass trucks. Sometimes it's buying a $700 fly rod, sometimes it's getting a trophy wife or wearing $300 sunglasses. Anytime you go way into some extreme it's probably because you're making up for something in some other area. You don't feel powerful; buy a big truck. You don't feel cool, buy expensive clothes. You see where I'm going here.

I wasn't meaning to dis all with big trucks, just making an editorial point.

What I'm saying is that it is an attitude shared by those trying to compensate for whatever. It's a chip on the shoulder issue. You could drive an Echo and still have the attitude or a suped up 4x4. It's just easier to feel like you own the road when you drive something big. Most of the idiots I've met either drive something big and/or suped up. I also know some really nice guys who drive big tanks. I've also met idiots who drive wee little cars.

It's a generalization for sure but one not without merit. Guys lacking in whatever area in their lives try to compensate for it in some other way. Sometimes it happens to be big ass trucks. Sometimes it's buying a $700 fly rod, sometimes it's getting a trophy wife or wearing $300 sunglasses. Anytime you go way into some extreme it's probably because you're making up for something in some other area. You don't feel powerful; buy a big truck. You don't feel cool, buy expensive clothes. You see where I'm going here.

Well that clears everything up. My husband picked the trophy wife LOL

could also just be guys compensating for having a flush bank account and no budget .Why drive/push an Echo if you can afford a decked out 4x4.

I think that it's people that don't know how to drive on gravel roads. They stay in the middle because they are afraid they'll slide into the ditch and they drive too fast and don't slow down because they are stoopid.

Basically just poor drivers. What is it I once heard when I was getting the mud dug out from the chassis of my old Landcruiser? Oh yeah, 80% of 4X4's never leave pavement. Get one of those drivers on gravel and they just sh*t themselves.

I think that it's people that don't know how to drive on gravel roads. They stay in the middle because they are afraid they'll slide into the ditch and they drive too fast and don't slow down because they are stoopid.

Basically just poor drivers. What is it I once heard when I was getting the mud dug out from the chassis of my old Landcruiser? Oh yeah, 80% of 4X4's never leave pavement. Get one of those drivers on gravel and they just sh*t themselves.

I actually love the slip and sliding done on gravel roads.

But and there is always a but not at the expense on somebody else's vehicle or windshield..

I keep it fairly tame now, used to go like a bat out of hell when I drove dispatch, or on a road run..

In Cyprus we had something call "urban Surfing" after a long climb up Trudos mountain there was one long curve that was down and sharp to the right, the guys in the back would climb out on the roof of the British Land Rover and surf until the up hill side of the curve, and the LR slowed down, the trick was the driver put it into Neutral and let it glide down.. just as the road started to climb again there was a Cypriot Police station and they would just shake their heads at the CRAZY CANUKS and BRITS...

Not really about gravel but remember that this was on the wrong side of the road!!!!!