Fly Fusion Forums

Canada Day Weekend?

I was just wondering, with Canada Day falling on a Thursday this year, what are employers giving people for days off? Do you get a long weekend?

I work in a pub (Rose & Crown) and I just wanted to know if there will be many people around next weekend.

If you just get Canada Day off, It could be worse. Quebec celebrates St. Jean Baptiste Day on June 24. therefore you would get 2 Thursdays off in a row and no weekend in August. Now that would suck!!

Nope just the Thursday! I'm making it a long weekend by taking the Friday as lieu time or vacation...

For the 4th of July Americans ALWAYS get 2 days (or 4 if it's close to a weekend!)!

P

Thinking I'll take the Friday and Monday as Vacation days too.

Since we have to always have staff on to cover the Highway, we let our guys shift their stat to either the Monday or Friday, that way crew can still get the stat without leaving the operation un-manned on the actual holiday. luckily it seems to work out cause there are always a couple guys who want to work for the extra pay.

Yeah when I lived there it was AWESOME!! Always a 4 day weekend for the 4th of July!!

P

Really? Don't tell anyone at our American offices since that's never been the case at my company.

I'm off Friday too. But only because my company gives us the full Friday off around the long weekends. I love my company. I think you'll be able to shoot a cannon through downtown on Friday....so I'd bank on that big guy.

Hey..Hey.....What's happenin' to my topic here!!

I'm glad Frypan found spell check.

If you want to know about something...." Google" it. This includes "PFO"

Now...Who's working Friday?

:wave_smile:

Hey..Hey.....What's happenin' to my topic here!!

I'm glad Frypan found spell check.

If you want to know about something...." Google" it. This includes "PFO"

Now...Who's working Friday?

:wave_smile:

Ok lets get this back on topic!!!!!!!!!!!!

MrBotangles,

I have just booked Friday off and I plan on hitting the HighCountry that day. Thanks for the reminder to book it off.

Well, you guys know I get the 2 months off...so no issue for me.

I'll be going to the Grande Cache area with friends. Could be 2 weeks early in terms of prime stream flyfishing. I'll find a way to cope though...

Smitty