Fly Fusion Forums

Amundson Rod's

Hi everyone,

I am interested in a new 6 weight rod to use in my pontoon boat and chucking nymphs on the Bow. I have used my 4 weight for awhile on the bow and I think I will use it mostly for dries from now on. I would like to look at some Amundson products, more specifically the Wind Warrior Stillwater series. Where is the best place to go for a good selection? I was at wholesale recently and did see one or two Amundson rods but not that many, maybe I looked in the wrong spot.

Thanks

Lance

send a PM to Brunsie, he is the other Pro-staffer here in Calgary.

he has the 11 ft 6wt spey, and a couple of the wind warrior stillwater rods. probably one of those is a 6wt.

i have the midge, 11 ft 3/4 wt trout spey and the wind warrior 8wt.

the autorized dealers in calgary are Fish Tales (site sponsor), the fishing hole and Wholesale Sports and army&navy. WS has the Amundson rods in 2 places, last time i was in there. there will be a small rack with the combos and then the rest will be 2nd row, far right - away from the counter. ask for tyler if he is there. i know they had a few of the spey rods but i think they may have had a stillwater.

if one of the dealers doesnt have one, ask Brunsie to try his out and then ask one of the dealers to order them in. Fish Tales is probably your best bet because you dont have to go through a buying desk that puts in orders a few times a year.

if you have any specific questions you can pm me, brunsie, bloom and jack

hope that helps

If you would like to have a go at one of the Stillwater series rods, I have both the 5 and 6 weight.

You will have to hurry tho as I am off to BC on Sunday for 2 weeks.

PM me and we'll set something up

BK

Thanks guys for all the info

I think I may swing by Fishtales and see what they have in stock.

Thanks for the offer Brunsie, I unfortunately don't have time to do it this week. I will see what happens at Fishtales and if there are no Stillwater series around, maybe I could try one when you get back from your trip? Have fun in BC, going :fishing: ?

Lance

Lance: Do you have any 6wt set ups now? (lines, etc)

If so, take them with you to Fish Tales and try out both Stillwater rods with your lines. There are loads of guys like to overload the WWF4-1005 with 6wt lines, while the 1006 is a little bit more 6wt line "compatible" . The 1005 was designed to have a wider line grain window than the 1006, that's all.

j

maybe I could try one when you get back from your trip? Have fun in BC, going :fishing: ?

Lance

Definately going to BC to fish and have fun :dropphish:

As Jack says, try the 5 weight lined up a bit.

I have a 5wt "Ridge" on mine that weighs in at about 5-3/4 and it casts it well. I have a 5wt Rio GOld that's pretty close to being a true 5wt line that casts quite well on this rod, but not as well as the heavier line.

If you want. we'll hook up when I get back.

BK

I too have a 5wt wind warrior. Ovelined with a 6. I used it exclusively on my last lake trip and loved it. Currently it is my go to on the Bow as well if there isn't anything on surface. Great rod at a great price.