Fly Fusion Forums

'eyes On Flies...

SteveM

Glad I didn't hafta fish from the dock...

p5230118.jpg

22 people in this shot!!!

p5230123k.jpg

p5230105.jpg

Sky in the eye...

p5230111.jpg

p5230113.jpg

p5230114.jpg

p5230115.jpg

Cameraman reflected in the eye...

p5230103.jpg

p5230101k.jpg

p5230116.jpg

Fun times @ Pine Coulee Reservoir!

Thanks, guys!

Jeff- they ain't the hardest fightin' fish; not that big in PCR, either. For me, it's more about the take and/or hookup, as well as the chance to do something a little different.

Rob- I was wading, and I did use a sink tip. Last year I used a full sink, but got tired of cleaning the green slime off the stripped line that sank around my feet. I've seen guys catch 'em without the sink tip, even; just a little weight to get the streamer down.

Fish aren't all that deep. I waded out to my waist & cast as far as I could (which is not that far!). Quite a few of the hits came pretty close to the end of the retrieve. I got a bunch on the clouser, stripping & a bunch on that green jig under an indy.

Like ya said above, Steve- The take is where it's at....Can't recall a "Stream Watch Action" item for "Fishin Eye's"....Perhaps next year it could be a hot item, I would be interested....Looks like a hoot!!...Maybe a wee shore lunch??..

Cheers...Jeff..

Like ya said above, Steve- The take is where it's at....Can't recall a "Stream Watch Action" item for "Fishin Eye's"....Perhaps next year it could be a hot item, I would be interested....Looks like a hoot!!...Maybe a wee shore lunch??..

Cheers...Jeff..

Shore lunch? Sounds good, but C&R on walleye @ Pine Coulee.

A few more pics...

p5260125.jpg

Not much size to these 'eyes. My bro' with one of the biggest I've seen @ PCR...

p5260127.jpg

My bro' lands a pike in the rain...

p5260129.jpg

p5260131.jpg

p5260132.jpg

PCR really needs those 'eyes to be thinned out. If not a daily limit, at least some tags. Helps the catch&keep crowd eat some fish (me included). And walleye are fantastic eating.

Smitty

Not sure how many PCR walleye you'd wanna eat, Smitty; apparently, there's a problem with the mercury levels.

F'rinstance, that 'eye that my bro is holding in that pic? It weighed 14lbs!!! :angel:smail:

Oh. Didn't know PCR was a waterbody with a merc problem. Wonder if its severe enough to warrant completely avoiding fish, or whether a consumption advisory is enough.

I have eaten walleye out of Moose lake by Bonneyville with a merc warning, so far, no 3rd arm sprouting out my head yet. ;)

Smitty

[Edit: oh wow: http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/ That is alot of "Avoid"s for one waterbody...to find the link, use the heading "Helpful Information", then the link for "Fish Consumption Advisory" in the sub-menu]

Oh. Didn't know PCR was a waterbody with a merc problem. Wonder if its severe enough to warrant completely avoiding fish, or whether a consumption advisory is enough.

I have eaten walleye out of Moose lake by Bonneyville with a merc warning, so far, no 3rd arm sprouting out my head yet. ;)

Smitty

[Edit: oh wow: http://www.albertaregulations.ca/fishingregs/ That is alot of "Avoid"s for one waterbody...to find the link, use the heading "Helpful Information", then the link for "Fish Consumption Advisory" in the sub-menu]

I wonder why it's deemed to be OK to eat pike from PCR, but not the walleye???

• 2 weeks later...
Guest BigSky

that is a nice reservoir, i have skied there alot, maybe next time i'm down i'll bring my rod and try my hand at walleye. cool pictures btw.