Fly Fusion Forums

Use The Car Wash!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never said that parking beside the neighbours house, on a public road, next to city property easement access, because there is no other place to park on the street due to lack of parking caused by poor city and developer planning

"my husband had a work truck, a project truck, his personal truck and my truck"

Do you really believe that the city and developer planners should plan for 2 trucks per person? You seem to blame many different people for the situation, but perhaps you could work on getting it down to 1 vehicle per person?

Do you really believe that the city and developer planners should plan for 2 trucks per person? You seem to blame many different people for the situation, but perhaps you could work on getting it down to 1 vehicle per person?

uh oh. this isnt gonna be good

i did, thank you and i'm happily divorced :)

if you had read the rest of it you would have noticed where i said i had gone 2 years living on one end of the city and worked at the other and used transit the whole time. after awhile 4 hours a day on bus/bus/train/bus, got to be a little too much. At that point we had split up and so i couldnt use his personal truck anymore. so i had to buy my own.

and yes, if the developer isnt going to put in a back alley then there needs to be a conession on the type of houses built and the city should not approve 6ft between houses for reasons other than where the drive way goes but the result would be more room for parking. most families have at least 2 vehicles, that is the reality of today. Calgary sucks to get around using transit if you have to go any major distance. taking the bus to get groceries and taking a taxi back just costs too much.

also i mentioned that he was a forman, he had a work truck that was manditory that he use during the day but not for personal use. the project truck belonged to his friend. so in essence we only had one truck each, which was clearly stated.

i'm not blaming anyone for anything. she didnt have to start by using threats, she could have just come over and discussed the situation in a manner condusive to producing a solution to her complaint. which was my whole point in the first place, if you jump up and down and act like a raving lunitic to a complete stranger, the person isn't going to listen to you no matter what you have to say, that's just the way people are. you get in someones face about something they are going to be defensive.

you want to jump on me, go ahead, my shoulders can handle it. i'm a strong woman. but before you do, would you at least read everything and then call me out on something useful and not previously rectified

deadhorse_thumb.jpg

thank you Yak, that was actually pretty funny.

one Question what the hell is the difference between 1 truck and 15 or what ever. you still can only drive on at a time. am i a jerk because at one point I had 4 vehicles just for me (442, S10, honda intuder, Nova SS) each had it's purpose and i could only drive one at a time. this always made me wonder the argument of having too many cars is means your not ECO enough. See I wasn't eco because 3 of the 4 were big Gas guzzling monster engines. not because I had too many of them

one Question what the hell is the difference between 1 truck and 15 or what ever. you still can only drive on at a time. am i a jerk because at one point I had 4 vehicles just for me (442, S10, honda intuder, Nova SS) each had it's purpose and i could only drive one at a time. this always made me wonder the argument of having too many cars is means your not ECO enough. See I wasn't eco because 3 of the 4 were big Gas guzzling monster engines. not because I had too many of them

I agree you can only drive one at a time however you need space to park the other 14. If you keep them all in your garage/driveway,then no problem. If you need to monopolize on all the public parking on the block to park your fleet then not so good (especially for your neighbors). I think the issue being debated here isnt so much about eco friendly as neighbor friendly. I recently moved to a culdesac that has limited street parking and have a neighbor that has 4 vehicles (2 kids that drive). Hes an excellent neighbor (as are all the folks in my cul desac), and recognizes he has more vehicles than the average household.He always ensures all his vehicles are either parked in his own garage/driveway or moves them out onto the main street (thereby leaving the few open public spaces in the cul de sac available for guests/visitors). After the hassle I had with the people in the last culdesac I lived in ( I moved from one cul de sac to another because I have 2 small kids and like the safety factor of the reduced traffic) I am appreciative of how far a little co-operation can go.

ps. Do you still have the nova SS? Had one as a kid and had a ton of fun with it