Fly Fusion Forums

Opinions??

opinions??  

33 members have voted

1. 1. You Have $250 in your pocket... do you...

• Go with this pontoon?
    • Go with a belly boat?
    • Continue getting frustrated fishing from shore?

I've been blown across a pothole in one of the old belly boats that looked more like an inner tube... :troutpunch: never too much of an issue though as it would only be used on the really small stuff. I do have a medium sized inflatable and access to a 16fter for the big stuff.

P.S I'd be in the latter scenario, myself :( (though it might be just as cool to have one strapped to the roof of my Mazda wagon, or Deb's Forester!! Though I doubt it ;))

You don't need a truck to look cool with a load :lol::blink::lol:

pink-car-with-heavy-load.jpg

I feel for you guys with cars - constantly pumping must be a real pain

he said pumping... LOL

:laugh:

in all seriousness, if you just want to get out 20 ft from shore and you dont need to carry a whole pile of crap with you, the Uboat like the Fish Cat4 will do just fine. inflate in less than 5 min with a foot pump and like 30 seconds with an electric. it will take longer to put on your waders than get the fish cat together and ready to go. it is really durable considering my truck lost a wing to it in a fair fight...

if you want to drift the bow... get a friend with a drift boat

If you have a pick-up, it's sooooo very cool to see a 'toon strapped to the topper!! If you don't then I guess you are SOL and have to break it down everytime... :P

P

You mean like:

002_G.jpg

??????????

j

Crowsnest

A couple of the folks I've fished with, transport their 'toons without removing the pontoons.

They just let the air out and fold the deflated pontoons around the frame.

It only takes a minimal amount of extra room and once you arrive at the lake, it's 5 minutes to blow up the bladders.

BK

Be carefull with carrying your toon on top of your topper - I had mine all assembled (with my last truck, a dakota with an expensive paint matched topper) at Dark lake in the hills above Peachland and I decided to just strap it on top since we were only going to shift an hour away. (BTW nice remote spot to camp and fish)

Despite my best effort to clean it, the small amount of sand that I didn't get off scratched the heck out of paint on the topper and to make matters worse the straps also ruined the paint on the truck box too. With my latest truck I opted to not get a topper as the boat stuffs great right into the box (gate down) - anyway something to keep in mind, I would get a rack if your planning to roof a toon.

BTW sorry to get off topic, but there is a funny story about that move - Sandy and I like to go on "wander where the breeze takes us" type vacations, we were in Peachland to freshen supplies after camping a few days at Dark Lake, and Sandy noticed posters up all over town for a music festival in Keremeos,... so images of lying in a grassy field, sipping cold beers, listing to bluegrass while lying on a blanket in the sun, filled our imaginations, hence the decision to toss the toon on the roof and head to Keremeos. We get to town and check into a rustic old motel and decide to go get info on the festival - Well you should have seen our faces when we found out the the music festival was for public school bands - within a matter of hours, dozens of buses dropped off hundreds of pre-teen band geeks LOL - Despite the towns atmosphere being akin to a city mall on a Saturday morning we made the most of it and I floated the Similkameen which was a great way to spend the day. The area actually has both quality lake and river fishing that was beyond what I expected, so all in all, the stop was worthwhile despite the misunderstanding LOL

i have that creek company pontoon (i too am cheap) and i actually am very happy with it. I will not deny you get what youpay fo but i have had it several years now and float the bow andhit up lakes frequently and have not had any issues with it. for me it was money well spent but i o lokat other units and see what i am missing. my 2 cents.