Fly Fusion Forums

"and You're A Moderator? Classy!"

SteveM

Twas a fun morning for sure and thanks for being a good net and camera man. But I don't know how often I can handle getting up at 4am and fishing till 8:30am but the looks on peoples faces when you're leaving the water when they're arriving is priceless.

Twas a fun morning for sure and thanks for being a good net and camera man. But I don't know how often I can handle getting up at 4am and fishing till 8:30am but the looks on peoples faces when you're leaving the water when they're arriving is priceless.

How did you feel at 2 PM? I was dragging a bit. It was a fun morning guys, thanks!

How did you feel at 2 PM? I was dragging a bit. It was a fun morning guys, thanks!

Sucks gettin' old, don't it, Tex? Be thankful you didn't have to work the 3-11pm shift, like me... :crybaby:

I only managed this 18"er after y'all left...

p4160991.jpg

...then I fished my way up to the car(no luck) & headed to another spot. After a bunch of fly changes (many of which were forced by the sacrifice of nymph rigs to the fish gods-GRRR!), I finally started hooking up on a tiny olive Tungstud. First fish I hooked was a 20"+ brown that went airborne 3 times; got him right to the net a couple times before the hook pulled out. Sure put on a show & fought hard with several big runs; of course, I didn't get a pic, so Canadensest won't believe this. :angel:smail: LDR'ed a decent rainbow & one more fish that I never saw( pretty sure it was over 30", though). Wink-wink

That is one of the finest pictures to ever show up here, well done!

Thanks, Brian!

I think it's 'cuz Chris has such pretty hands... :angel:smail:

That pic doesn't even do that trout justice. It was a perfect specimen; deep & thick & flawless. Gorgeous!

Your Mom likes to roll play and next week she wants me to dress like a tight end from the 49'ers!!! should be fun

If that is what you like then good for you.

Oh by the way I heard the type of pirate was the famous Ars Pirate and that you once dressed up as the "Sea"man from the village people.