Fly Fusion Forums

Willing To Work For Gear

listen boys times are tough as im getting married barely working at my job because they have no work i am willi ng to work for gear i am a fly fish enthusiast and just cant afford gear my reel just busted and i cant replace it its worse than a crack addiction for me i nned to fish can anyone help me out lol

Look at that goodwill and camaraderie. Maybe the world ain't such a bad place after all.

fly fisherman are so prejudice, if a spincaster came on here asking for all of our old spinners (since we retired that trade and took up flyfishing) I'm sure we would just ignore him and flame him off the site lol.

fly fisherman are so prejudice, if a spincaster came on here asking for all of our old spinners (since we retired that trade and took up flyfishing) I'm sure we would just ignore him and flame him off the site lol.

You are so wrong for most, i myself am a die hard flyfisherman ,but there are numarous people that i know that do spin cast, and enjoy the sport of fishing. they too practice catch and release, and all the regs. My dad still throws small spnners once in a while when fishing the mountain streams. i know you most likly did not mean that comment fully, but please be careful of what you say. And i would gladly give some of my old spinners to my father if he asked for them...

Kyle

We all started with a spin rod in our hands. My father still has my first woolco combo rod in the rafters of the basement. Same rod I taught all my kids on and the same one I'll teach there kids on.

Now there's a name I haven't heard in awhile!

Now there's a name I haven't heard in awhile!

was just thinking that.

and yes i did before I moved out here I was a die hard walleye, Bass and Muskie fisherman. after I converted to flyfishing my best friend son started tourney bass and walleye fishing, asked if he could use my gear that I stored with them. I just said keep it.

Maybe you need to clarify what you are willing to do (or not willing to do, for that matter!)! :whistle:

LoL

P

listen boys times are tough as im getting married barely working at my job because they have no work i am willi ng to work for gear i am a fly fish enthusiast and just cant afford gear my reel just busted and i cant replace it its worse than a crack addiction for me i nned to fish can anyone help me out lol

I still enjoy pulling out the spinning rod once and a while. With three young kids 6 and younger I'm forced to use them when I go out with them. In city ponds and trout ponds a casting bobber and flys seem to catch more then the gear. I let the older boy chuck spinners and lures to keep him occupied until I get one. So the question is am I flyfishing when when I'm using bobber/fly combo or am I a gear fisherman in that instance

We all started with a spin rod in our hands. My father still has my first woolco combo rod in the rafters of the basement. Same rod I taught all my kids on and the same one I'll teach there kids on.

can you have rafters in a basement?

Well... the local kid I hire every year to prep the underside of my Jeep for paint moved to Jasper. soooo. opportunity knocks....

Be forwarned this isn't particularly pleasant work - first you would need to do some degreasing, and then you would be running a combination of a wire brush on an angle grinder, a hand held sand blaster, and of course a classic hand held wire brush powered by elbow grease. all rust has to be removed, then give it a quick going over with a clean air gun - I also have all sorts of cordless drill wire brushes for tight spots.- the kid who did it in the past always had it finished in under 4 hours, and it is in better shape this year that years previous - I have already done the prep work of removing shocks and brakes wheels and high lifting it on safe jacks stands so access is as easy as it can be. I have an assortment of stools and creepers too.

I will provide all tools, gloves, face shields, glasses, coveralls, and boots if your need em - I'll make (or take you out) for lunch and provide beverages - I will also supply all required safety equipment which you will HAVE to use as I direct. I will teach you how to use the various tools safely and properly.

You can shower up and take a soak in the hot tub if you want before heading home.

I will cover your gas or bus ticket to Lake Louise and back.

I will give you a TFO 5 wt rod, a Okuma SLV reel equiped with a SA wf line, with a couple leaders - the rod is a 4 piece but I'll throw in a 2 piece "reel stays attached" type carry case & sock, if you want it, I'll also toss in cheapy fly box with a dozen assorted flies. - This package work great together and was my staple set up in 2008 & 9 and casts great in almost any conditions - I landed fish varying from 4" -28" without difficulty using this set-up.

To buy the above would set you back about 400 bucks so not counting travel time thats about a hundred bucks an hour

let me know what you think with a PM or call me at home 403-522-2486 and leave a message if you interested

(PS be thanksfull the other offer I considered involved cleaning up a winters worth of doggy tombstones in the backyard LOL)

Rob

forest city as in forest city, new brunswick. population 12. My place is right downtown, middle of the action! check out wheatons lodge website , amazing fishing, mostly bass and landlocks. The only reason i am bragging is because it is 5000km away. damn i wish i was there now!!!

dont mean to poach on you westlake, its all yours if you want it.

If you need someone else to do this, I could.

Dax

e-mail me at dax22@yahoo.com

Well... the local kid I hire every year to prep the underside of my Jeep for paint moved to Jasper. soooo. opportunity knocks....

Be forwarned this isn't particularly pleasant work - first you would need to do some degreasing, and then you would be running a combination of a wire brush on an angle grinder, a hand held sand blaster, and of course a classic hand held wire brush powered by elbow grease. all rust has to be removed, then give it a quick going over with a clean air gun - I also have all sorts of cordless drill wire brushes for tight spots.- the kid who did it in the past always had it finished in under 4 hours, and it is in better shape this year that years previous - I have already done the prep work of removing shocks and brakes wheels and high lifting it on safe jacks stands so access is as easy as it can be. I have an assortment of stools and creepers too.

I will provide all tools, gloves, face shields, glasses, coveralls, and boots if your need em - I'll make (or take you out) for lunch and provide beverages - I will also supply all required safety equipment which you will HAVE to use as I direct. I will teach you how to use the various tools safely and properly.

You can shower up and take a soak in the hot tub if you want before heading home.

I will cover your gas or bus ticket to Lake Louise and back.

I will give you a TFO 5 wt rod, a Okuma SLV reel equiped with a SA wf line, with a couple leaders - the rod is a 4 piece but I'll throw in a 2 piece "reel stays attached" type carry case & sock, if you want it, I'll also toss in cheapy fly box with a dozen assorted flies. - This package work great together and was my staple set up in 2008 & 9 and casts great in almost any conditions - I landed fish varying from 4" -28" without difficulty using this set-up.

To buy the above would set you back about 400 bucks so not counting travel time thats about a hundred bucks an hour

let me know what you think with a PM or call me at home 403-522-2486 and leave a message if you interested

(PS be thanksfull the other offer I considered involved cleaning up a winters worth of doggy tombstones in the backyard LOL)

Rob