Fly Fusion Forums

Fishing League Schedule

I was hoping that I could report a tie for Benbear and myself and leave it at that but I guess i will have to post the actual score. 0-0. Had fun and walked a lot of river for a very enjoyable evening. Terrific weather and great conversation.

Nice to meet you Jim!

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

0-0 guys? thats awesome,welcome to the bow.

Tim, thanks for the evening. Was great fun. I think I'll start fishing in the dark. New experience. Thanks for all of your advice. I used it and landed a white and two browm yesterday PM in FC just up from the hole I pointed out to you. Had browns chasing a hairs ear. Fun for 40 minutes. Hope we can hook up again.

Rick,

How do the rest of the groups know if they got out or not, not saying anyone in this league would stoop to something that low but what about the people that catch one fish and only one fish, they caught a fish and for the match that catches nothing they are still reward for it so then they would be even in pts even though one person catch something and the other group caught nothing? If we are going to reward skunks then I would suggest the first fish be reward two points then every trout after that is reward 1 pt. Once again this is just my opion

Rick,

How do the rest of the groups know if they got out or not, not saying anyone in this league would stoop to something that low but what about the people that catch one fish and only one fish, they caught a fish and for the match that catches nothing they are still reward for it so then they would be even in pts even though one person catch something and the other group caught nothing? If we are going to reward skunks then I would suggest the first fish be reward two points then every trout after that is reward 1 pt. Once again this is just my opion

This is supposed to be fun and a chance to fish with new people. The "rules" need to reflect that. Nobody is going to lie about the results. And even if they did, I couldn't care less. Their loss, not mine. The "win" is participating. I really don't care who gets the most points.

Rick,

If you could care less if you win or not then why disagree with getting zero pts for a skunk cause after all you don't care. And if you don't care that does not mean other share your same opion I say put it to a vote and let the whole group deciede and not just a few.

I have absolutely no issue with that (the vote idea, posted before I read Mike's latest). But I do believe that giving 0 pts to two anglers who participated and get skunked totally goes against the spirit of what I think this is supposed to be.

Tim, thanks for the evening. Was great fun. I think I'll start fishing in the dark. New experience. Thanks for all of your advice. I used it and landed a white and two browm yesterday PM in FC just up from the hole I pointed out to you. Had browns chasing a hairs ear. Fun for 40 minutes. Hope we can hook up again.

No problem, it was fun to be out.

Glad to hear you had some success after our skunk session.

Did you get a headlamp yet? :)

Actually, I very briefly considered recommending zero point for zero fish just cuz it was you who got skunked. A zero next to your name would have amused me greatly!!

Perhaps the score should be appended by the word SKUNK. For instance I might get 1 point for actually getting my match done but then my score would look like this:

Tim 1 pt - SKUNKx1

Then next week my score might be:

Tim 2 pts - SKUNKx2

and so on...

I would be interesting at the end to see who makes it through all the rounds "clean" with no skunk's.

i'd like to see the reward just for showing up and putting out

the effort... :P

besides, how else am i going to get a point? i have to hope my partner sux as bad as i do. hummm, soooo i guess i'm not getting any points. :blink: ya'll better teach me how to spey cast then or nymph or something.

i'd like to see the reward just for showing up and putting out

the effort... :P

besides, how else am i going to get a point? i have to hope my partner sux as bad as i do. hummm, soooo i guess i'm not getting any points. :blink: ya'll better teach me how to spey cast then or nymph or something.

When we are matched up feel free to bring out the spey rod I have no problem with that as I will probably be hunting for dries.

we got skunked... im blaming it on the gross weather that decided to move in. it was cold, windy and snowing for most of the afternoon. we each had hook-ups but couldnt land either.

we did each land a stick. not a great fight but mine was bigger. all in all a fun day.

Brad (Bhurt) vs Brad (Rufus)

Brad won the match with 1 trout, i'll let you guys figure out which brad won.

Photo will come later, with which brad won (Tomorrow I will tell unless the other brad says)