Fly Fusion Forums

Pontoon Boat Rentals

Does anyone know if there's a shop in town that rents pontoon boats?

There listed in the University Outdoor Catalogue but was wondering if there was anywhere else.

I've been thinking about getting one and would like to take float one before I decide to make the big purchase.

Just my opinion, but pontoons are pretty much all the same. The only thing I would recommend is get the larger ones. At least 9ft with large oars to match. You will have much more control when rowing. I would also go with aluminum frame and something that pumps up easily.

I'm sure there are specific models that are way better buys then others, but those are the things I would be looking for.

Hey SJW, I think you might your idea might be a bit risky. Certainly most of us look after our stuff, but you never know what idiot might rent one from you and beat the crap out of it. I think there is a market for this service (rental of pontoon boats), but I would suggest a bullet proof written contract and a huge damage deposit to cover the loss of a unit. Interesting idea though.

Saltamontes

Hey SJW, I think you might your idea might be a bit risky. Certainly most of us look after our stuff, but you never know what idiot might rent one from you and beat the crap out of it. I think there is a market for this service (rental of pontoon boats), but I would suggest a bullet proof written contract and a huge damage deposit to cover the loss of a unit. Interesting idea though.

Saltamontes

He could do a "If you break it, you buy it" policy.

Dave - I've done some crazy stuff with mine, with the exception of the $25.00 brass oar stays you would need to drive back a forth over it with my truck to actually break it. Not a bad idea renting them out but be sure to CYA on the liability side. Pretty generous idea and I would imagine alot of folks here would take advantage based on the frequency of questions related to a first pontoon purchase.

I let anyone who wants to use my disco 9 have at er - thing is indestructable as far as I can tell