$26.63

Youth (less than 16 years)

No licence required

$10.50

Indians

No licence required

$10.50

Lost/destroyed licences

Licences purchased at a licence issuer can be reprinted at any licence issuer for a $2.00 fee. Licences purchased online can be reprinted online at no charge.

thank you....boy you would think that SCs everywhere in Canada as long as they are Canadians would be given a free ride after all the years of supporting the industry as well making it possible for all the young 'pups' of today!

thank you....boy you would think that SCs everywhere in Canada as long as they are Canadians would be given a free ride after all the years of supporting the industry as well making it possible for all the young 'pups' of today!

Speaking as a SC, I have to say I simply do not follow the logic here. Every year that I purchased a license -- and there were many -- the pleasure I got from the sport was more than worth the minimal cost. I feel absolutely no sense that I should now be entitled to a freebee, simply because I hit the magic age of 65. As I said elsewhere, the money that I previously spent on my fishing license will now go to Streamwatch, where it'll probably do more good. Terry

Sooo, the damn BCer can stay at home and fish for $5 a year !! Yeah, that's it! :)

It's like Albertans coming to guide and fish the Elk and feeling "entitled" to a "break" cuz they are from a neighbouring province, right?

The reality being, nobody is "entitled" to anything. Or shouldn't be. :)

j

Sooo, the damn BCer can stay at home and fish for $5 a year !! Yeah, that's it! :)

It's like Albertans coming to guide and fish the Elk and feeling "entitled" to a "break" cuz they are from a neighbouring province, right?

The reality being, nobody is "entitled" to anything. Or shouldn't be. :)

j

It's rather ironic that you're bringing up the Albertans going into BC to guide. How many BC guides come into Alberta to save their rod days when the Elk isn't fishing that great.

It's rather ironic that you're bringing up the Albertans going into BC to guide. How many BC guides come into Alberta to save their rod days when the Elk isn't fishing that great.

Well, you got the ironic part right, anyway. I just find it mystifying AND "ironic" that some people should somehow feel "entitled" to a "deal" in a province where they don't reside, don't you? Don't you think that a senior, who gets a $5.00 license in his home province and is looking for the same consideration in another province, is pretty damned similar to someone from another province feeling entitled to "a break" from some other province's regulations?

j

I thought this thread would have spurred on a little more conversation abouty equality for all Canadians. I decided to go looking for my copy of the BC fishing regulations I got with my liscence last year. They are still in effect untill 2011. Now I dont normally sit down and read this thing cover to cover but usually just target the regs for the area that I'm fishing in. Last year a good friend of mine who happens to walk with the aid of crutches and is permanently paralyzed from the wais down as well as being over 65( I think that qualifys him for being a senior citizen) had to pay the full, non resident liscence fee of $55.00 even though he is a property owner in B.C. Please see below for the licensing requirements in the province of B.C.

Licence type Resident Non Resident Non resident Alien (resident of another country

Basic Licence $36.00 $55.00 $80.00

Annual disabled $1.00 $55.00 $80.00

65 years plus $5.00 $55.00 $80.00

Now take a look at Albertas price schedule

Basic licence Resident Non resident Non resident alien (resident of another country)

age 16 to 64 $25.66 $25.66 $70.90

age 65 plus $0.00 $25.66 $70.90

I looked to see if there was any licence requirements or exemptions for disabled people but I couldn't find anything on it at all.

Just for argument sake, the term Resident is defined as " A resident is a person who has his or her primary resident in Canada and is a Canadian citizen or is admitted to permanent residence in Canada

or

has lived in Canada for the imediately preceding 12 month period.

The definition of resident in the B.C guide is as follows

Resident means your primary residence is in British Columbia

and

you are a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant

and

have been physically present in BC for the greater portion of each of 6 calendar months out of the immediately preceeding 12 calendar months

or

you are not a Canadian citizen or Landed immigrant but have been physically present in BC for the greater portion of each of the immediately preceeding 12 calendar months

Any how, this is not intended to slam the good people of BC but simply an attempt to show that all things being equal, Alberta's fee structure is more that fair in my opinion.

Just food for thought.

Murray

My point, is that provinces are entitled to set their own regulations for their resources. The people of each province own those resources and should have input as to how they are to be managed. Non-residents do not and should not have any input or whining privileges, nor should they feel entitled to special treatment and it really doesn't matter what privileges they have in their home province.

Maybe disabled Canadians should have universal low cost fishing licenses, nation-wide. I would encourage some nation-wide organization to pick that ball up.

I'm currently asking the BC Minister of the Environment to allow special licensing for PHWFFC vets under rehab, for destinations in BC, under the auspices of PHWFFC. But, I'm doing that as a resident of BC. Know what I mean?

j