Fly Fusion Forums

Geez, Really Nice Ice Fog, Guys !

So we fly in here today, from sunny(not kidding, "sunny") Hongcouver, for the FF Expo and what is THIS??? ICE FOG ???? Is this caused by your own little "greenhouse effect" or is it vehicle exhaust?

j

At least it doesn't smell like a barn anymore, what was up with that last night? I left work (downtown) at 10 PM last night and the whole area smelt like a cattle truck, talked to some people who live down south (Shaunasey) and they said they smelt it as well.

Colin

At least it doesn't smell like a barn anymore, what was up with that last night? I left work (downtown) at 10 PM last night and the whole area smelt like a cattle truck, talked to some people who live down south (Shaunasey) and they said they smelt it as well.

Colin

They opened the doors at Spruce Meadows.

Colin

That was the Flames stinkin up the place!! <--poke--<

Rick

Colin

Just Calgary trying to get in touch with it's heritage.

Don

Nice racial slur Jack!! :P

P

So we fly in here today, from sunny(not kidding, "sunny") Hongcouver, for the FF Expo and what is THIS??? ICE FOG ???? Is this caused by your own little "greenhouse effect" or is it vehicle exhaust?

j

Jack,

You guys get any snow yet for the olympics???????

NO Snow!!!!!!!

Looks like they will be Trucking and Helicoptering in snow for Cyprus mountain. Here is a shot of what it looks like right now!

May09Cypress-714129.JPG

They are also talking about using Hay and wood to build up the Bowl for some of the event and topping it with snow, WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!

Rick

NO Snow!!!!!!!

Looks like they will be Trucking and Helicoptering in snow for Cyprus mountain. Here is a shot of what it looks like right now!

May09Cypress-714129.JPG

They are also talking about using Hay and wood to build up the Bowl for some of the event and topping it with snow, WHAT A NIGHTMARE!!!!!!!!

Rick

Rick,

The funny thing is I keep on hearing on the news out here how they say there is going to be no problem that if the temps stay below freezing thwey can make snow, but if the snow is melting out there I doubt it is elow freezing, surprising how the media can twist things.

Hey think of it this way though, for ski jumping instead of landing on snow they can land in a swimming pool instead.

Rick,

The funny thing is I keep on hearing on the news out here how they say there is going to be no problem that if the temps stay below freezing thwey can make snow, but if the snow is melting out there I doubt it is elow freezing, surprising how the media can twist things.

Hey think of it this way though, for ski jumping instead of landing on snow they can land in a swimming pool instead.

I am working at the Olympics and by what we have been told, it should be OK. They have been storing snow at the peak of Cypress and are going to truck and Chopper it down when the time comes.

We will see, if this does not work, We are in Deep crap because as far as I know there is a HUGE fine to the city if the event can't go on!!!!

Rick