Fly Fusion Forums

A Place To Buy Meat?

I'm wondering if anyone knows a good place to buy some good freezer packs? Not in huge quantity, just enough so I have enough for 3 people for a few weeks at a time. Maybe I'm just being picky, but superstore and safeway meat are really starting to taste more like chemicals than wholesome meat products. Maybe something a little less pricey? I used to go to red deer lake meats to buy freezer packs but those are a shot in the dark now and not so cheap as they used to be, sometimes the meat is good and sometimes it has the same bland taste as grocery store meat. Any info apprecated. I kinda feel like a noob asking this on a fishing forum, lol.....

Won't be any cheaper but have you tried buying direct from the ranchers? Online, farmers markets or in the classifieds.

Honest truth, I buy my meat @ Costco but wherever you buy, look for AAA grade meat. Anything lower and it's more of a crapshoot

Get yourself a rifle, some shooting skills and a tag next year and blast a white tail or two and this will fill the freezer. Doesn't get any more organic than game. There are many whitetails running around, and they are non-native to Alberta (they followed agriculture and development north) so they are also a more sustainable choice than feedlot beef.

There is also Second To None meats, I know there is a location on 4 st and around 21 Ave SW (mission next to Casablanca Video), they specialize in free range and organic meat.