Fly Fusion Forums

Wading Boots

Birddog

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh, I totally threw that in there to see who'd notice. I have an Ugly Stik gathering dust in the closet and did troll bait in the Pacific a week ago. Not ashamed to admit it.

There are 12 step programs for that affliction and some would tell you that it is not a sickness.. Do not listen to them you are sick sick I tell you!!!!!

Heh, I totally threw that in there to see who'd notice. I have an Ugly Stik gathering dust in the closet and did troll bait in the Pacific a week ago. Not ashamed to admit it.

Funny i got an ugly stick too, could throw a #7 rapala a good ways.But there's no dust on mine.

Its in a case.

The boa lacing system is the best thing to happen to boots period! I bought the boots for this function alone and it has never failed me. I find you loose a bit of grip with the felt not going completely to the edges though.

No issues at all with the soles coming out. They do fit small though, so try them on with YOUR waders.

I think the boots are around $180 plus about $29 each for the inserts...

P

OK so back to boots,i noticed Bass pro has the inserts but i couldn't find the Korker boots to put them in.Also i see they have Simms g4 i think for 219$(US i think).What is the price of the Korkers with the inserts?

• 3 weeks later...

im all in on th korkers boots! i own the guide model with the boa laces.. hte midrange model and teh torrent wading shoe and love em all!!! the idea of being able too swap out souls when they wear out or when needing different traction on different surfaces is ey for me!!!! love the ice cleats for the winter, studded aquastealth for almost anywere and aquastealth the most for stalking trouts!!! studded felt are good too and the hikers are good when i dnt deal with big boulders! ive yet too have the boa system freeze up on me too.. works deadly! best for/during wearing th boots once they soak and stretch a bit....

I just bought the aquastealth inserts and they're good but I find not as good as felt, I'm kinda wishing I went with the studded version.

Yeah, I found Aquastealth soles are great in everything but snow/ice. Last winter I got the screw in studs for them and they were much better. The Vibram soles are also not the best on ice without some sort of studs. Think I'm going to put away my StreamTreads for the winter and use the studded Aquastealth instead.

Korker guides are great. 3 years on them and absolutely no problems. I just bought the aquastealth inserts and they're good but I find not as good as felt, I'm kinda wishing I went with the studded version.

Just put on the aquastealth with studs. Waded hard with them on Sunday, and they seemed fine. Loved them going down hill on the icy ground!

Guys,

So does the snow/ice not get in between the sole and boot?

P

NO

The soles are clipped in and tucked under the edges of the boot.. check out the web site and you will see how they do it..

I did a lot of walking yesterday, and did not have a prob and have done a hell of a lot of walking in the Korkers and not had a prob..

Hi All,

I have the previous generation Korkers and have not been very happy with them. The soles like to pop off which can not only be anoying but also dangerous (when crossing the fast current river!). I have now screwed the front into the boots (no longer easily interchangable but a whole lot safer).

I have read this thread with some interest as I was convinced that I would never buy another pair of Korkers. But do I understand that no one has experienced a sole popping off on its own accord? Mine didn't do this until after a year or so, so I would be really interested in hearing from people that have 2+ years of experience.

I also have found that I have never really used the hiking tread because I never hike up to a mountain lake in my waders and without them the boots are just way too big for hiking in. What is everyone else doing that uses them for hiking?

I must admit that I find them to be very comfortable and to offer good overall support.

Thanks for all the posts and info, I did end up going to the Korkers with the boa lacing, I have a dead foot on my right side after a horse accident and a bad back, and i can tell you I am very impresed with the boots, lots of support and very light, and a breeze to to tighten and take off.

AL

Hi All,

I have the previous generation Korkers and have not been very happy with them. The soles like to pop off which can not only be anoying but also dangerous (when crossing the fast current river!). I have now screwed the front into the boots (no longer easily interchangable but a whole lot safer).

I have read this thread with some interest as I was convinced that I would never buy another pair of Korkers. But do I understand that no one has experienced a sole popping off on its own accord? Mine didn't do this until after a year or so, so I would be really interested in hearing from people that have 2+ years of experience.

I also have found that I have never really used the hiking tread because I never hike up to a mountain lake in my waders and without them the boots are just way too big for hiking in. What is everyone else doing that uses them for hiking?

I must admit that I find them to be very comfortable and to offer good overall support.

the only time ive had teh souls pop out is when iw as changin em on t fly mid day and had a bunch of gravel n much get into t tongue.. once i rinsed it out i havnt have a problem in 400 ish days on teh wtaer the last 2 years.. ive seen them pop out on others dudes feet too if they dont use a key,knife,screwdriver or whatever too tuck the lip of the soul under the rim either.. wich makes sence!!!! i think they fixed t problem.. ive seen the oldshool souls and they changed the desin with teh outer rim and how they "pop" in.. hope that helpss dude

Hi All,

VP, I am terrible about making sure I put the soles in correctly. When I get fish fever, I tend to rush the little things. That said, I've never had mine pop out. Used them since last spring, so 60 or 70 trips? I know it's not 2 yrs, but I fish quite a bit.

Korkers do fit small. I wear a 11 1/2 shoe and I wear a 13 korker by the time I get my wader in them, The Boa system Draws up all of the loose feel in the boot, I wear them even when I am just hiking withthe Vibram soles, They are way light, dry quickly withthe Stainless mesh panels and give me good support, my only complaint is that the Boa laces area little ackward to attach to my gravel cuffs on the waders, the front clip on my GG has to be twisted to the side slightly because the lace guide is centered on the toungue... not a big deal but that is the ONLY issue I have had with mine.