Fly Fusion Forums

Poker Thread. Not Sure Who Plays But It Is More Fun To Talk

Guest Sundancefisher

Guest Sundancefisher

I just watched the WSP final table. Very entertaining. Unbelievable suck outs. Moon came so close. What a failure that guy is...comes in second...and only makes $5million. If only I could fail so miserably :devil:

I played a 360 person 10 FPP tourney on Poker stars and came in 2nd. Best ever placing and first time trying this tourney and won $6. Playing 1 cent 2 cent no limit I am now over $20. One has to play so tight...it is frustrating but to loosen up to much lets in so many bad beats. I am not playing for the $$ but just for the challenge.

Anyone else playing online?

Pocket rockets is a good hand but what gets most people in trouble while playing poker, espically a game like Texas Hold'em is that they will get a marginal hand then try and chase something hoping their card flips on the river and steal a win. While playing in a long hand senerio position and table prence is probably one of the best skills to posses. Short hand you never want to be short stacked cause it makes thing hard espically when the blinds are up and people bully you and steal blinds, oh I would also be into a Poker Night.

Pocket rockets is a good hand but what gets most people in trouble while playing poker, espically a game like Texas Hold'em is that they will get a marginal hand then try and chase something hoping their card flips on the river and steal a win. While playing in a long hand senerio position and table prence is probably one of the best skills to posses. Short hand you never want to be short stacked cause it makes thing hard espically when the blinds are up and people bully you and steal blinds, oh I would also be into a Poker Night.

You can invite Mike....he's harmless. Brad is obviously the one who's gonna take all your money!

I dunno how many times I have seen someone have a Ace, 9 (or lower) get a Ace on the flop then lose out the battle just cause someone has a higher kicker. I've also been caught with pocket rockets only to lose out to straigts and flushes. Betting patterns also tell alot about a person.

I know several folks that play on-line using multiple large screens. Very few of them make money (if they are honest). Big swings in thier bank roll and look for collusion as I know it happens. I rather play live as its is more entertaining as you can have a few drinks and watch sporting events on big screen.

Guest Sundancefisher
I know several folks that play on-line using multiple large screens. Very few of them make money (if they are honest). Big swings in thier bank roll and look for collusion as I know it happens. I rather play live as its is more entertaining as you can have a few drinks and watch sporting events on big screen.

Anyone looking for a friend online I can be found at times on Pokerstars... Do a search for guess the name...guess it....Sundancefish For security purposes...never use real names on online poker please

Moon played pretty good heads up.Just couldn't get lucky.

Maybe we could get a FFC poker night going.5$ entry sorta thing.

watched a fair bit of the tourney ( not just the last table coverage) and IMO,moon was a very poor player. The guy just kept getting the cards so almost every bad move he made turned out a winner. Granted you have to be good to be lucky in a tourney of that size, but Moon was 95% lucky and 5% good . The guys at the table seemed to be able to read him most times but kept getting screwed on turn and river cards after Moon made some pretty bad preflop plays.

The kid who won it it is now doing the talk show circuit. 8.8 million bucks at 22 years of age. must be nice

Guest Sundancefisher
watched a fair bit of the tourney ( not just the last table coverage) and IMO,moon was a very poor player. The guy just kept getting the cards so almost every bad move he made turned out a winner. Granted you have to be good to be lucky in a tourney of that size, but Moon was 95% lucky and 5% good . The guys at the table seemed to be able to read him most times but kept getting screwed on turn and river cards after Moon made some pretty bad preflop plays.

The kid who won it it is now doing the talk show circuit. 8.8 million bucks at 22 years of age. must be nice

I thought he made some good moves but he definitely got lucky a lot.

I am online now

I thought he made some good moves but he definitely got lucky a lot.

I sort of agree. I dunno if he (Moon) was trying to be ULTRA aggressive, or just bad calls, but he absolutely got lucky. But the kid who won got even more lucky. I mean come on, he was the short stack with 7 people left, and ended up winning after 'rivering' a couple of guys in a row. ALL the past champions will likely agree, you GOTTA get lucky to win. Skill, won't make it alone, It may take you a long ways, but not to the end.

Keep in mind, we don't see EVERY hand, only the ones the producers think would make 'good tv'.