Fly Fusion Forums

Police Lake Regulations Signage

adc

No, F&W, I'm just making an observation during a time of tightening Government budgets and yes they should rate higher than traditional put and takes. H2O read it right and there are higher priorities.

As adc noted, last winter adc and I put up several of these signs (below). The signs were made by the fisheries branch. However, most were removed as they did not comply with park rules.

We are seeking signage enhancement from parks and asking that the fish-cleaning station be removed ... something we were told would be done a long time ago.

Will advise.

sign2-0.jpg

Clive/Al,

I guess this sign will have to be replaced next season, with the date included... Are you not able to just include the regs and no date, that way the sign doesn't need to be replaced/updated every season saving $ on maintenance, reprinting, etc?!

P

Good eye. We had noticed that as well when putting them up. We didn't make the signs ... they came from fisheries branch. Apparently, they were intended to be "first year" educational signs. We are in discussion with "parks" regarding new signs.

Clive

Wow! F & W drops the ball again, eh (but it's easy for me to criticize)! A "first year" Educational Sign - what a missed opportunity for a continual/ous educational opportunity and a waste of tax dollars if it was just intended for 1 year!

P

Good eye. We had noticed that as well when putting them up. We didn't make the signs ... they came from fisheries branch. Apparently, they were intended to be "first year" educational signs. We are in discussion with "parks" regarding new signs.

Clive

Guest tallieho

I kinda like [Don's]signs at Ironside,Fiesta.I'm sure that he still has the template.But as you have said parks didn't like yours.Darn sure they won't care for Don's.They are the best i've seen.Thanks for your efforts Al/Clive..

tallieho,

Don't think the signs I prepared & Warren and I installed would work if BeauCraps are involved. - - - Don

IMGP0590w.jpg

That's a sign that could do some good......but yer right Don, it likely won't pass the "Parks" test........

Guest tallieho

I am curious Adc is the park run by the caretaker guy,or the gov't.I was told that the caretaker bought the place,back when Ralphie,was dumping all the parks?.

I am curious Adc is the park run by the caretaker guy,or the gov't.I was told that the caretaker bought the place,back when Ralphie,was dumping all the parks?.

Parks runs the park (provincial) but it is possible that Don Shaw owns the campsite......Jurisdiction for all but the campsite, however, is Parks.......