Fly Fusion Forums

Largest Trout I've Ever Caught

Guest Sundancefisher

Great job!

They are a lot of fun to catch. I think I have caught some of the same hogs quite a few times now. Each time just as fun as the rest.

Cheers

Sun

Guest Sundancefisher
Were you with your kids?

Got out with my wife for a bit. Landed one, missed a few. Not paying enough attention. Micro-leaches for me.

I let my oldest reel some in on a spinning rod but they are just too big and heavy for them without more experience on a fly rod.

Teaching my 7 yr old girl to flyfish... So far she caught one small trout and my right ear.

I actually meant Pythagoras as I saw a guy at chaparral fishing at one of the access points fly fishing with his kids. They got 2 while I was watching, the second was just huge and his son had a blast catching it!

By the way-Please spend some time trying to help these fish recover. They ain't the toughest things in the world. Reviving them is frankly difficult because they are so damn hard to handle due to their size, but try your best!

Guest Sundancefisher
I actually meant Pythagoras as I saw a guy at chaparral fishing at one of the access points fly fishing with his kids. They got 2 while I was watching, the second was just huge and his son had a blast catching it!

By the way-Please spend some time trying to help these fish recover. They ain't the toughest things in the world. Reviving them is frankly difficult because they are so damn hard to handle due to their size, but try your best!

LOL...oh well. I just thought you cared :wave_smile:

I agree with the C&R. Many guys have no net or too small a net. They unhook the fish in 20 feet of water...play it too hard...and let it sink to the bottom to feed the scuds. Often I see guys making a bad attempt to revive a 10 lber but one little flick and they twirl away. A big shame. As mentioned before...I have for sure caught the same big trout again and again in our lake over the summer and now our fall stocking. The sport that keeps on giving.

I was out with my buddy and his son.

Your right rickr...the first one I caught needed to be cradled a bit before release but I fumbled while holding him in the water...he slipped down to the bottom and just hung there...nothing I could do. He didn't turn to his side or anything and I watched for a couple minutes. They are difficult to handle due to the size.

And ya 420...my little trout net was just big enough to prop up their heads to remove the fly.

Guest Sundancefisher
I don't live at any of these lakes but often fish as a guest. I think the community should supply large nets.This would help in the proper release of these fish.

Also salt water flats boats for better casting platforms...

Chaparral needs fishermen on their board soon in order to bring them up to modern times. Their limits are too high and the shore fishing is not suitable for flycasting... Such a shame.